Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was in the gym the last time, before Friday, that Davidson won an NCAA tournament game and it's been a while. So, yeah, they're high on my list.

I continue to be amazed by Curry. He looks like a little kid out there, but he's quick, smooth, smart and just fun to root for.

Stanford

Well, first is obviously ABC (and you gotta root for Davidson)

but then it is Stanford - for completely personal reasons
    They have a kid, Taj Finger, who has the same role that Lance Thomas does at Duke - play tough defense, rebound and get put-backs (although Taj does does it a little better - but then he is a senior). He is from Westchester County and his stepmother is a colleague of my wife - and Taj is really good kid. So I have been a closet Stanford fan all year - which is helped by the fact that the New York Fox Sports channel carries a lot of late night PAC-10 games

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    I have Kansas winning it all. However, I have no emotional investment in them.
    Kansas would be a lot better than carolina - please someone stop them. This is a Carolina team lucky to hold off Clemson and V Tech (both v goo teams but not champion cliber)in their last few games and now they look likke world beaters... Please someone take them out

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    1. ABC
    2. Davidson
    3. Kansas: generally classy teams and fans that haven't won in awhile. Also would be sweet for them because this is the first completely Roy-free team.
    Nice - now that you put it that way I agree. A roy-free kansas team winning would be awesome.

I am torn as I love udogs but need great teams to stay to knock off Carolina. Unless they lose I want whoever is the toughest matchup for them

As my posting name would suggest, I'm rooting for Michigan State.

On the ABC front: the list of teams we have to root for in this category is long and distinguished. Their likely gauntlet is as follows:

1. Washington State
    2. Louisville or Tennessee

(I agree that Carolina playing regional finals in Charlotte an outrageous home court advantage. That is the biggest reason they won't be Louisville in my opinion).

3. Kansas (most likely, Wisconsin is possibility. Davidson as well but I don't see how that run makes it through another weekend)

4. UCLA or Memphis/Texas/Stanford. (As much as I'd love to put the Spartans in here, they don't have the personnel to upend Memphis)

Yeesh. That is a tall order. If the Holes are to win the title, they will have to really earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    1. ABC
    2. Davidson
    3. Kansas: generally classy teams and fans that haven't won in awhile. Also would be sweet for them because this is the first completely Roy-free team.

Not too different from my list:

1) ABC
    2) ABC
    3) ABC
    4) ABC
    5) Davidson

Honorable mention: Kansas, UCLA, Memphis, Texas

1. Xavier-I live in the Nati, it would be insane if they won
    2. ABC
    3. Davidson
    4. Louisville-Becuase you have to love Ricky P and the Armani Suit. Plus it would pi$$ all the UK fans off aroud here.
    5. MSU-For some reason I've always liked Izzo

Now that the UConnvicts are gone and Calhoun can't get #3 I'm okay with almost anybody winning so long as it isn't Carolina. I'd be happy to see it go to somebody other than Coach Cal, but really it is all about Carolina losing now.

Also, I'm so happy to see Stephen Curry get the attention he deserves. He is a hell of a player and SHOULD be 1st Team All-American. GO DAVIDSON!!!

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but once Duke bows out, my next allegiance is to the ACC. So, that does actually mean I do root for UNC.

(Granted, it's a begrudging sort of cheering, but a strong UNC just means the Duke/UNC rivalry is all the more storied.)

And who couldn't cheer for Stephen Curry and the Davidson Wildcats??

Put me down among the staunchest of ABCers. Like others, I am voting for as many favorites as possible to stick and throw punch after punch at the heels. I agree that Charlotte is an advantage for kuralonna, but I think Louisville could give the heels a run. They have the depth and athleticism to go toe-to-toe with them. And remember, the heels' only two losses this year came in the dean dome.
    Though I was rooting for Texas A&M at the time, I was perfectly happy to see UCLA win, because I think they have the best shot at beating kuralonna. Plus it's fun to watch a performance on the order of Kevin Love and Darren Collison's that night. They would give the heels fits.
    Emotionally, I'm rooting for Davidson too, but realistically, Kansas. I think they have the best shot after UCLA at consistently beating kuralonna.
    As someone said earlier, if the heels are gonna go all the way, they're really gonna have to earn it. If that should come to pass, I'll grudgingly concede their accomplishment, because they really have a great team.

Obviously rooting for Davidson. Their game with Wisconsin should be a fun one to watch. Two very good and under apreciated coaches is good enough, but seeing Curry try to score on the Badger defense has me excited.

I'll also cheer for Texas. Ever since his days of taking on Dean Smith when he was at Clemson I've liked Rick Barnes.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

only watching the women now

Once the men lose, I don't care who wins it. The only team I acutally pull for is whoever Carolina is up against.
    Other than that, I'll be watching the women as they continue on, hopefully lasting longer than the men. They looked good first round.

Got a feeling again

Another feeling that UNC will have an "off" night and will bite it. I've been wrong many times though.......

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I was in the gym the last time, before Friday, that Davidson won an NCAA tournament game and it's been a while. So, yeah, they're high on my list.
    So was I, Camion, my freshman year at Davidson, and I was in the Pep Band in Cole Field House for the East Regionals. Saw Charlie Scott beat us in the last minute of a game we nearly beat UNC for the Final Four...arrrggghh. Still makes me angry.

My heart says Davidson...how can one not?

My reason says Lou-a-ville is closest to sending Ol' Roys Boys home. Just don't think Tenn. can bring it BUT they will bring their fans! Hopefully so will the Cards and both teams fans will be loudly vocal in helping Wash. St.'s fans in the UNC/Wash. St. first game. (7:57 pm as per ESPN bracket)

I know Charlotte is light blue (lived there for 20 yrs. as a lonely Duke fan!) but think possibly the "home court" advantage for UNC will be minimized somewhat due to the nice short drive from Knoxville to Charlotte! And Tenn. fans are vocal if nothing else!
    Last edited by BAMDSALL; 03-24-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: redundancy

Davidson...great private school with high academic standards (sounds alot like...???). Go Wildcats