Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Commercials that I am sick of seeing during the NCAA Tournament

Having watched over 30 hours of basketball in the last four days, I am sick of seeing the following commercials:

Buffalo Wild Wings- The buzzer goes off and everyone runs and hides when the boss comes in, he leaves and everyone returns.

DirecTV- The woman that just bought a new flatscreen and is disappointed in her cable so she gets DirecTV.

Old Spice- Any commercial with that stupid Jackie Moon (Will Farrell) character.

These commercials are way overplayed and I am just sick of them. Any others?

One I actually like is the "my better is better than your better" series.

And the "There are no Cinderellas" Nike commercial.

Tired of the "My Better" commercials.

Sick of the Volkswagon commercial that features a screeching car alarm. Why did they think an irritating noise, 5 times each commercial, played 200 times over the course of the tournament would be a good idea?

I could go for never seeing the Burger King rumbling stomach commercial again.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    One I actually like is the "my better is better than your better" series.
    I agree. Mostly because my speed actually does smell like french toast.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Thumbs down Obvious

Roy Williams, dadgummit, lamenting over his childhood and 10-cent Coca-Cola.

That commercial hasn't appeared lately, but you know it's coming up if the Holes go far.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Blue Cross

this should still defiantly be a commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RyHQlnMvWg

Commercials that I am sick of seeing during the NCAA Tournament?

ALL OF THEM!!!

More hoops, please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDevil View Post
    Commercials that I am sick of seeing during the NCAA Tournament?

ALL OF THEM!!!

More hoops, please!!!
    Word to that. I'd be curious what the actual ratio of game action to commercials is -- I'm guessing it's around 50/50.

Thumbs down all of them!

I'm tired of them all, as I'm sure we all are. BUT that which hasn't yet been mentioned: Dickie V's HOOTERS. Yikes.

Does anybody eat at Sonic? I would never ever eat a Cinnasnack.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Does anybody eat at Sonic? I would never ever eat a Cinnasnack.
    No, of course not.

I confess, though, that I don't hate those commercials. Is that wrong?

Any KFC commercial.

Last year, they kept airing that "Buffalo Snacker" commercial. The annoying blonde kid with the biscuit that had the orange gunk and mayonaise all over it. I wanted to puke every time I saw it. Really. I HATED that commercial.

-EJ

The NCAA tournament is still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Any KFC commercial.

Last year, they kept airing that "Buffalo Snacker" commercial. The annoying blonde kid with the biscuit that had the orange gunk and mayonaise all over it. I wanted to puke every time I saw it. Really. I HATED that commercial.
    I want a failure pile in a sadness bowl. NSFW language, but awesome.

If you like that, be sure to check out the follow up.

Tgif?

The one with the chef who is supposed to be recognizable, telling us that all the good menus are now at some restaurant - is it TGIF? The commercial is so obnoxious that I lose interest long before the restaurant is mentioned.

And all the car commercials, especially those that are shown twice during one time out.

Better than the ACC

I'll gladly take any of the commercials I've seen compared to the ACC Tournament with ESPN. Anything is better than that god-awful Opera Man. That song is still giving me a headache.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEE Blue Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Word to that. I'd be curious what the actual ratio of game action to commercials is -- I'm guessing it's around 50/50.
    My perception is that it used to be only the Final Four where the commercials seriously impeded the flow of the game. Arguably, we owe a national championship in 2001 to this factor -- Arizona that year was a team built on making runs where they'd ring up 10-12 quick points, but the constant intrusion of commercial breaks seemed to prevent them from getting their momentum going long enough to make these runs. Now, it seems like the early round games are constantly being stopped for commercial breaks as well.

If I see the one where the woman shreeks at her sister Nancy again, my set is in some degree of danger.

None of these commercials is as bad as 'Clay Henry,' so I guess we can be thankful for small mercies.

Quote Originally Posted by prefan21 View Post
    Sick of the Volkswagon commercial that features a screeching car alarm. Why did they think an irritating noise, 5 times each commercial, played 200 times over the course of the tournament would be a good idea?
    agreed - very annoying, esp when you're trying to tune it out and do something during the commercial breaks. It catches my attention, and ingrains in my brain to never buy a VW...