Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Ycch, Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Taken care of as our younger daughter said her husband likes Peroni so the entire 6er want to their house tonight.

Also pawned a couple of those old Yuenglings from this summer off on her to balance the load.
    Does this qualify as child abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Does this qualify as child abuse?

Both parties consented, so I'd guess not.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Crispin Hard Pear Cider

Didn't want to start a Ycch, Cider thread.

Well, it's not beer and, in my limited consumption of ciders, this wasn't very good either. Consumed part of a 12 ounce bottle leftover from a gathering our son had at our house over the holidays and had some hopes for this but poured out the last few ounces. No carbonation/head, pear Juicy Juice smell and pear soda tastes and incredibly sweet at that. Even 6-8 ounces left me a bit nauseated for about 30-45 minutes after sampling and had to let that pass before sipping some real adult beverage.

I can't post in the Ymm, Beer thread because I'm at 999 and 1k is reserved for The Abyss. Also, I'm on day 2 of a 7 day cleanse that unfortunately does not allow beer.

Anyways, Friday night I tried the Natty Greene's Mt. Mitchell IPA. I could barely finish it.

Yet again Natty Greene's fails to impress.

Had a few awful beers at Brewgrass on Saturday too. One was a double ipa from Southern Pines

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I can't post in the Ymm, Beer thread because I'm at 999 and 1k is reserved for The Abyss. Also, I'm on day 2 of a 7 day cleanse that unfortunately does not allow beer.

Anyways, Friday night I tried the Natty Greene's Mt. Mitchell IPA. I could barely finish it.

Yet again Natty Greene's fails to impress.

Had a few awful beers at Brewgrass on Saturday too. One was a double ipa from Southern Pines

Somehow this swill got an 85 on Beer Advocate

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9792/175121/

I had somehow missed this thread...

One of the foulest beers I have ever experienced is the Siamese Twin Ale from Uncommon Brewers.
    I believe it is the only beer I ever spit out.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/uncomm...win-ale/92250/

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post

One of the foulest beers I have ever experienced is the Siamese Twin Ale from Uncommon Brewers.

Two words: Iron City

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I believe IC may have briefly made it into my preferred list of beers during college. The criteria for that list was solely based on $$ and my standards were much lower at that time.

I recall the beer at the top of that list was $1.95 pitchers of PBR at the Bullpen on Main St. It boggles my mind to see PBR sold now as a hip beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Rhymes with...

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post

We try .

Happily, we have nearly 100X the entries on Ymm, Beer.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ummm, no.
    The chain wrote that the beer is “made with a unique flavor profile to enhance and compliment Taco Bell's food and flavors. The light, crisp, and refreshing beer has a smooth and robust taste with a clean finish that makes it the perfect beverage to pair with a Taco Bell meal.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...cid=spartandhp
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The perfect beverage to pair with a Taco Bell meal might be 120 cc of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maalox

I went to the Wicked Weed Funkatorium in AVL earlier this year and tried to get through a tasting flight of sours. Couldn't do it. I know people must like sours b/c the place was fairly crowded. But I can't figure out how people learn to enjoy something that tastes like carbonated fruity vinegar.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I went to the Wicked Weed Funkatorium in AVL earlier this year and tried to get through a tasting flight of sours. Couldn't do it. I know people must like sours b/c the place was fairly crowded. But I can't figure out how people learn to enjoy something that tastes like carbonated fruity vinegar.
    Totally fair point. It took me several tastings of goses, Berliner weisses and other assorted sours before developing a taste for them. Fuse has a great palate for them and perhaps he'll register his thoughts, too. I have a similar aversion to pepper beers though I've had a couple (Vertical Epic 11/11/11, IIRC; Silent Night 2016 variant with habanero and ? chocolate) that were not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Blasphemy!

Actually, this is one of the greatest aspects of beer.

There may be a flavour for everyone. Conversely, you don’t have to like/enjoy them all.

If you are looking to give sours a second chance, I encourage trying New Belgium Le Terroir.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1092210722556309509

Corn syrup for the win!!

You're on a nice run of commercials with these castle people, but I'm not drinking your stuff either. A pox on all your houses.
    Dilly, dilly! (whatever the heck that means...)
    "Quality is not an option!"

It's hard to find good dark beer at the market these days, but at least there have always been better options than American lager swill. One of the worst beers from a good brewery I've had was a Deschutes pine beer. Smelled like a car scent and tasted just as bad. Eriksberg (Swedish beer) makes a pretty detestable Easter beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    It's hard to find good dark beer at the market these days, but at least there have always been better options than American lager swill. One of the worst beers from a good brewery I've had was a Deschutes pine beer. Smelled like a car scent and tasted just as bad. Eriksberg (Swedish beer) makes a pretty detestable Easter beer.
    Hmmmm....what are some examples of dark beers you like?

I am always very wary when there are entries on this thread .

Inadequate/improper social distancing. Imagine if it was a gathering of 12, 18 or 24:

220px-Corona-6Pack.JPG

Maybe this should be in the Laughter thread. Maybe it shouldn't be posted at all.