Do Not Post About WVU/The Season Before Reading This!!!

EDIT: We are deleting an incredible number of posts, the likes of which would cause some of you to be embarrassed to be a Duke fan if you read. Help us out by not posting in the heat of emotion.

Think for a minute. Think again. We're all shaken, if not stirred. Duke's season is over. That hurts. But still, think before you post. Then think again. Then think one more time.
    If you're going to rail about the team's poise, show some yourself.
    Now, think you're ready to post? Think one more time.
    Then post. Smartly.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 03-22-2008 at 04:46 PM.

warning

excellent idea-i may not post on the post-game thread for a while then...

Love it, good reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    We don't want to go deleting a ton of posts tonight, but I've got an itchy finger.
    No wonder the thread reads so choppily. And that was when it only had 23 posts in it.

Good advice Jumbo. Thanks.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Thanks Jumbo!

Now go to chat and tell those idiots to shut the hell up!!

Thanks, Jumbo.

Folks, please take it easy. We won't be doing much warning tonight.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    As I have mentioned before, it would be nice to know exactly what constitutes a violation.

And no, I haven't been cited for anything tonight, I just would like to know, explicitly, what goes and what doesn't.
    The thread by Julio titled Board decorum and Guidelines that is stickied to the top of the front page might be a good place for general policies regarding infractions

As I have mentioned before, it would be nice to know exactly what constitutes a violation.

And no, I haven't been cited for anything tonight, I just would like to know, explicitly, what goes and what doesn't.
    Just dont be a tewel - which your not. No cursing, no blatently anti-Duke, no pointless posts. Thats about it, from what I can tell.

The guidelines are pretty darn clear. But just follow the advice at the top of this thread and you should be in good shape tonight.

Geez Jumbo, all this thinking is hurting my brain.

Has that not stopped yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Now go to chat and tell those idiots to shut the hell up!!
    I stopped going to the chat room a few games back because it was getting so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitydevil View Post
    This is a public forum where people can say what they want, is it not?
    Nope. It's a private site owned by Julio & Boswell, and they enlist a team of volunteers to keep destructive negativity off the board.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Your thoughts are mine!

I didn't visit any message board and hardly looked at any sports websites last night for this very reason. I knew that I wasn't going to see or have anything to say about the game. Good post. When I looked at the board today, it was the first thing I read! Happy posting everyone!

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

I didn't read the boards today, and by tonight, I'm glad I didn't. Thanks Jumbo, for attempting to stem the tide. Seems to be a little calmer than it apparently was earlier.

Do not post about WVU before this.

I just wanted to bring this post back to the top of the boards, but I doubt it will actually help. The comments that were made in the chat were completely senseless and pointless, and I'm embarassed that some individuals call themselves Duke fans. People need to step back and think about how much fun this season was. Yes, the team had a disappointing finish, but don't let that take away from the enjoyable parts of watching them play together and having games where we had no idea who was going to go off and carry the team because everyone could do it.

Edit: And one more thing, before you take an hour to rant all about how bad player X is, think about it. It doesn't take much to criticize (on an anonymous message board) a 20 year old college student who plays basketball about how he performed. Look in the mirror before you become the expert on everything basketball related.
    Last edited by ugadevil; 03-22-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Not done defending!

Any way to change the title to ask people to think before posting about WVa? Because I expect lots of dumb, negative comments.

Exiled

Bttt

Jumbo, thanks (again) for a clear reminder of some important points. My dad and I talked after the game and said, we hate we lost, but wasn't this still a great season? They were a fun team to watch.

Thanks, Jumbo. No negative posts, please. This game should be regarded as another "good loss," like the Pittsburgh game earlier in the season, an opportunity to learn something for next year when all our guys will be older and better.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Thanks, Jumbo. No negative posts, please. This game should be regarded as another "good loss," like the Pittsburgh game earlier in the season, an opportunity to learn something for next year when all our guys will be older and better.
    Can't agree with that, man. The second half was downright horrible, both offensively and defensively. We got totally outplayed after that falling-out-of-bounds-as-the-shot-clock-hit-zero three.