Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My team...

My team...

Win or lose. Today we lost, and I hate that, for me, for the team and for you. But I still love them and look forward to next season. And to the football season next fall. And this spring to the lacrosse, baseball, golf and tennis teams making us proud, perhaps even bringing home a couple of National Championships. Wouldn't that be sweet!

Always positive, always optimistic, always looking forward.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Win or lose. Today we lost, and I hate that, for me, for the team and for you. But I still love them and look forward to next season. And to the football season next fall. And this spring to the lacrosse, baseball, golf and tennis teams making us proud, perhaps even bringing home a couple of National Championships. Wouldn't that be sweet!

Good comments. Personally I'm happy and probably lucky to be alive. I'm looking forward to next season, dinner and finishing Blade Runner :Final Cut tonight. AS far as this game it's Whatever, dude.

My team, too

I'm with you, Ozzie. Always proud to be a Duke fan and love them win, lose, or draw! Let's get ready to cheer for the women!

I agree with all of that. But I also think that serious criticism is warranted. It is a different context, but it reminds me of the Bobby Kennedy quote:

"The sharpest criticism often goes hand in hand with the deepest idealism and love of country."

I can't wait for the JMU game - Go Cutcliffe

Cubs Year!

OZZIE,

Thanks for saying that. We all should really reflect on this season and see how blessed we have been. We won the Maui Tournament in November, beat UNC IN Chapel Hill, and finished 2nd in the conference that was supposed to be dominated by UNC. DeMarcus Nelson was a great senior leader and he will be missed greatly, but as K always points out... NEXT PLAY! Here's to another great year of Duke basketball and proud memories that will last a lifetime!

NOW IT IS BASEBALL SEASON FOR ME! GO CUBS! WORLD CHAMPIONS again in 08!

GO DUKE IN 08-09!

I'm with you Ozzie. I was a little afraid to come to the boards, anticipating a total meltdown-nice to see some positives here.

The Lacrosse team also lost today to Georgetown. I should have stayed in bed!

The 2nd half of this season really stressed me out and wore me down. I'm going to take a while and let this season digest and worry about it later. I actually feel a sense of relief right now.

Its time to look forward to summertime...warm weather, baseball, backyard BBQ's, block parties, watching your kids run through the sprinkler, chilling out...

Quote Originally Posted by Misunderestimated View Post
    The 2nd half of this season really stressed me out and wore me down. I'm going to take a while and let this season digest and worry about it later. I actually feel a sense of relief right now.

Its time to look forward to summertime...warm weather, baseball, backyard BBQ's, block parties, watching your kids run through the sprinkler, chilling out...
    Amen, brother.

Don't let this game ruin your summer. There are much greater worries in life.

A look at the big picture?

I'm glad you spoke up, Ozzie. There IS a lot to be thankful for in Duke Athletics. Because Duke is so successful in so many sports, perhaps we've become spoiled and unrealistic in our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDuke Dad View Post
    The Lacrosse team also lost today to Georgetown. I should have stayed in bed!
    Women's lacrosse lost to UNC an d baseball lost to GT.

At least we have spring football!

Ps. I am wering my Duke lacrosse sweatshirt and my Duke football hat!

Quote Originally Posted by BCGroup View Post
    I'm with you Ozzie. I was a little afraid to come to the boards, anticipating a total meltdown-nice to see some positives here.
    Absolutely agree. Once a Duke fan, always a Duke fan: no matter what. Let's not forget that this is when our guys need us the most.

GO DUKE!!

I agree with everyone else. We are Duke fans, regardless of how our teams perform, we love them.

In times like this I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes:

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Ozzie, you are right. I believe the passoin we have for Duke, and the high expectations sometimes cloud our judgement. I for one am excited by the strong start by the baseball team, and look for the spring sports to dominate once again.

I Love DUKE

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian12215 View Post
    I Love DUKE. That is all.
    That is enough!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Yup, me too! I'm always proud of our team. They certainly gave it their all and I admire that, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dukediv2013 View Post
    NOW IT IS BASEBALL SEASON FOR ME! GO CUBS! WORLD CHAMPIONS again in 08!

GO DUKE IN 08-09!

I still bleed Duke Blue! God bless our Coach K, his assistants and the entire team! I don't think anybody worked harder than we did this year (including that intense dork in chapel hill.)

But dukediv, you must be confused...it's THE DETROIT TIGERS all the way BABEEEEEEEEYYY!

A day later, the frustration is gone.
    Nope. No final four, no cutting the nets, no "One Shining Moment"

That said, once 28-6 isn't good enough, move on. Otherwise, you'll end up bitter, angry old people.

And just how about them Boston Red Sox!