With Coach K...this is what is really important

Winning is what playing the game is all about, but for Coach K, Duke Basketball is more than about winning... It's about relationships. His relationship to McRoberts is more important than just winning. That is why I put Duke Basketball where it is in my heart. We may have lost, but we always win...when relationships are what really matter.

Now that the season is over, Coach K is no doubt researching Josh's situation and will provide the best possible advice to give this talented young man. He will also be busy on the recruiting trail arduously rebuilding the team into another championship team. Is there any doubt in anyone's mind?

Quote Originally Posted by drksuh View Post
    Now that the season is over, Coach K is no doubt researching Josh's situation and will provide the best possible advice to give this talented young man. He will also be busy on the recruiting trail arduously rebuilding the team into another championship team. Is there any doubt in anyone's mind?
    I don't doubt that he will be busy recruiting and rebuilding, I doubt that Coach K is going to put much thought into giving Josh advice about the NBA. I think he already knows what's going to happen.

During the season K focuses on the team, in the off season, which we have abruptly been thrust into so prematurely, K focuses on the relationships with the individuals. He is keenly seeking counsel to give McR gaining info from his League sources. Nothing, I repeat nothing is set in stone until K counsels. Trust me on this one.

Dickie V gets it. He just stated that this was one of the best coaching jobs Coach K has ever done (for the year, not last night, I assume) because of our depleted talent. What he is also referring to is my point- his goals extend beyond winning basketball games, it really is about relationships with players. I agree with him, thanks Coach K.

Quote Originally Posted by drksuh View Post
    Dickie V gets it. He just stated that this was one of the best coaching jobs Coach K has ever done (for the year, not last night, I assume) because of our depleted talent. What he is also referring to is my point- his goals extend beyond winning basketball games, it really is about relationships with players. I agree with him, thanks Coach K.
    Not the best souce to quote for argumentative support. Any more of a homer for his friends and he would live with them.

Quote Originally Posted by coblue View Post
    Not the best souce to quote for argumentative support. Any more of a homer for his friends and he would live with them.
    He's being sarcastic...

tar is liquid rot.
    The source of the troll's fetid spew is well-known.