Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfax336 View Post
    About 6 friends and I are making our way up on saturday, and we will be loud.

(I bought my tix on sunday, and was, um..., a little stressed when the score was 69-70 thursday night)
    Awesome.
    1) Do not let anyone tell you to shut up.
    2) Fight fire with fire.
    3) Bring the noise.

I will have my St.Bernard who is named Coach K, standing guard. If it gets to bad, he can jumo in and shake things up. I am also thinking about pulling out the mac daddy, toren to shreds lucky Duke sweat shirt. I have woren it for all the National Champ games. I have also retired it, but think I may need to pull it out. I have my mug, pants, necklace, braclet, socks, but no toliet paper. Well I have blue marker, so I can fix that one pretty quick like. GO DUKE!!!!

What can I do?

I have been wracking my brains over this all day. Carolina blew all my lucky stuff as I was wearing it during the game. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!

I've run out of mojo on all my other rituals and now have no idea what to do.

Oh, and I'm moving in a week and have to do some big time packing tomorrow and Sunday. So, even though the game will be on - probably on all the tvs in my place so I don't miss a thing - I'll be packing.

So, do I wear my former lucky Duke shirt, or put on another one. Or, just not wear one? Please help me decide.

I haven't forgiven myself for 1999, thus am relying on my DBR friends for help. I don't want to let y'all down.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I have been wracking my brains over this all day. Carolina blew all my lucky stuff as I was wearing it during the game. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!

I've run out of mojo on all my other rituals and now have no idea what to do.

Oh, and I'm moving in a week and have to do some big time packing tomorrow and Sunday. So, even though the game will be on - probably on all the tvs in my place so I don't miss a thing - I'll be packing.

So, do I wear my former lucky Duke shirt, or put on another one. Or, just not wear one? Please help me decide.

I haven't forgiven myself for 1999, thus am relying on my DBR friends for help. I don't want to let y'all down.
    Wash everything. Start with one, and if it's not working, don't be afraid to switch quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Wash everything. Start with one, and if it's not working, don't be afraid to switch quickly.
    Oooo, good idea. I've been known to change mid-game if the mojo wasn't there. And, as luck would have it, I'm doing laundry now.

Thanks Jumbo! I knew I could count on you.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Oooo, good idea. I've been known to change mid-game if the mojo wasn't there. And, as luck would have it, I'm doing laundry now.
    Can I get you to do a load for me? With all the games I'm behind schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Can I get you to do a load for me? With all the games I'm behind schedule.
    Bring it. But soon, I'm not staying up all night.

dammit, i'm wearing my sweatshirt and i don't care how hot it is. i also have my little blue D that i pin right in the middle of the chest. i had a blue/white cat in the hat that i loaned to a girl who cleans up my house when it's dirty and the damned girl LOST the hat and i almost killed her.

i'm mad about that still, and i'm mad for tomorrow, and LET'S GO DUKE!

dukestheheat.

we are going to win this game. all we need is one point more than they get, i don't care if it's that close.

My wife and I both don our Duke shirts and socks, fill our Duke glasses with adult beverages (some which are opened with a Duke opener, which plays the Duke fight song). We place our Duke glasses on our Duke coasters. We do not move until there is a TV timeout, when refills/disposals are allowed.
    All of our paraphernalia have been gifts from our daughter and son-in-law who realize the importance of proper attire. Our son-in-law graduated from Auburn, so you can imagine how nutty he is. However, since Auburn is not competitive in basketball (saying it nicely), he roots for the Duke Basketball team. So he is not all bad!
    We watch the games on our 65" HDTV. It is not Cameron Indoor, but not bad at all.
    Last edited by mgtr; 03-21-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: typo

A Chant

How about a chant that should do the trick:

"Fresh roadkill on the highway outside!"

That should clear the stadium of WVU fans and the WVU bench of players.

I should confess a prejudice against WVU as a Pitt grad and Pittsburgh native. I also had to fight an egregious case of academic fraud by WVU, taking a case to the Court of Appeals in DC to win back some patents for a WVU Doctoral candidate. The good doctor has few good things to say about WVU. He chuckled at the roadkill chant.

Whatever you do, please nobody wear one of those Duke "Bleed Blue, Live Green" t-shirts that almost lost the game against NC State in Cameron. Great idea...bad luck.

Now that's a big TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    My wife and I both don our Duke shirts and socks, fill our Duke glasses with adult beverages (some which are opened with a Duke opener, which plays the Duke fight song). We place our Duke glasses on our Duke coasters. We do not move until there is a TV timeout, when refills/disposals are allowed.
    All of our paraphernalia have been gifts from our daughter and son-in-law who realize the importance of proper attire. Our son-in-law graduated from Auburn, so you can imagine how nutty he is. However, since Auburn is not competitive in basketball (saying it nicely), he roots for the Duke Basketball team. So he is not all bad!
    We watch the games on our 65" HDTV. It is not Cameron Indoor, but not bad at all.
    65 inch HD-TV. Dang, I am impressed. Show off!

dth.

Ransom note sent to Huggy bear concerning compromising photos of him and a large loud mustard yellow suit. We have been notified that he will cooperate.

I put on my Duke shirt this morning, as I do the day of every Duke game. I will wear it all day. About 4:00 this afternoon I will pop it and yell a loud Go Duke in celebration of a victory over WVa and it's infernal coach, Bob Thuggins.

I have my Duke shirt on and because I've never been to the beach before a Duke game, I am not going before the game today despite the gorgeous 72 degrees and the fact that tomorrow is forecast to only reach the 50's. I love a warm sunny day on the beach, but I love Duke a whole lot more!

GO DUKE!!!!
    Last edited by DukePA; 03-22-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: forgot a word, not enough caffeine on board yet

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm catching a cold - so that should mean one of the team will start feeling better. There are only so many colds to go around, aren't there?
    Hey, I have a cold too! I never thought about this as taking one for the team, but if this is what it takes, count me in.

BTW I came down with this cold on the way back from San Antonio, which may also be a good sign,

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo take a deep breath oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo take another deep breath and repeat until tip off oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My contribution

I convinced my DC-area parents to attend in my absence -- mom & dad will be there with their daughter-provided Duke paraphernalia, and some loud cheering voices!

My mom can bring the mojo to sporting events, she's got a special touch. She once got so passionate about a Nebraska basketball game, she dumped a half-empty coke on top of an opposing fan.

I've told them a couple of the standard cheers, so they should be able to pick up what the Duke section starts.

I'm posting as much as I can? Will that help?

(Waiting for the resounding no.)

What's all this "Where's the mojo" business? I'm here! Now I'm gone to witness the Devils whup up on the Hillbillies.