Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    All the pets in the house receive treats for select big plays i.e. momentum changing three-pointers, and-1 plays, monster dunks, etc...
    I may have to try the treat thing with my dogs. They usually go hide upstairs because they can feel all the air get sucked out of the room by the tension in my body when Duke is playing. I'm afraid they are really afraid of me. So sad. Anyway, it will have to wait for another day as I get to watch live, maybe a treat before I leave the house. Sending my best vibes to the Blue Devil's hotel, whichever one it is, and to them at the Verizon Center.

2. I Keep Saying, It's Our Year...

Great spirit, Jumbo! I love it! All I have to say is that 2008 is our year. I've been saying it for weeks and no one has bought into it yet. But slowly they will. Drake is already down, UCONN is on the verge and regardless, Duke will win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I will hold my lucky basketball (the one I held during the 2001 championship game) and stand to watch (Cameron style) the whole game. All the pets in the house receive treats for select big plays i.e. momentum changing three-pointers, and-1 plays, monster dunks, etc...

I also pray to the basketball Gods or anyone else who will listen.

I generally do not perform rituals or hexes against the opposing team, but we'll see how the first half goes.

That is some impressive pet owner karma. My grey would be about 110 lbs if I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I may have to try the treat thing with my dogs. They usually go hide upstairs because they can feel all the air get sucked out of the room by the tension in my body when Duke is playing. I'm afraid they are really afraid of me. So sad. Anyway, it will have to wait for another day as I get to watch live, maybe a treat before I leave the house. Sending my best vibes to the Blue Devil's hotel, whichever one it is, and to them at the Verizon Center.

I experience the same thing with my dogs whether it is football or basketball. I tend to yell during really important games. They give you that look like "what did I do?" and go hide. I always try to play with them after any game that I act like that. When the game goes my way, they tend to sense it and get all happy. When a good play happens the dogs jump around with me.

Have fun at the game. Cheer hard!

That's it? This is all we've got? People, we need to pull together. Let's go!

I'm catching a cold - so that should mean one of the team will start feeling better. There are only so many colds to go around, aren't there?

I will be cheering as hard as I can to help them win. I may be watching a taped version of the game but will still be yelling at the tv.

Count me in

Will be seeking an old gypsy up here in the mountains and getting her to throw a spell tonight... Never fear...it'll be broad-spectrum enough to handle all our adversaries..especially you know who.......

I will continue to wear my good luck JJ jersey. It sure was lucky yesterday, right?

Plus, I donated to the Annual Fund and the Iron Dukes. So far I've been jilting the Alumni Association, though.

I will be drinking heavily with Wilson, Shammrog and hopefully Lavabe at Frankie's in Atlanta tomorrow as the Atlanta Mafia gets together to send out one mega-vibe to Duke!

Guys, don't forget the face paint and your thingies!

-EarlJam

I'll watch the game. Other than that, there's not really anything I can do.

Smile Pre-Game Preparations

First of all, good karma and good cheering requires the right pre-game ritual. I will get warmed up by skiing from 9 to 11AM MT.

Then I will retreat to my family room and turn on the large screen TV. I plan to sip a couple of brewskis throughout the game. (I broke out a fancy Bordeaux wine for the second Carolina game, and I think it gave encouragement to the "wine and cheese crowd.")

I believe the warm-up and cool-down routine will do the trick.

sagegrouse

I'll be breaking out something special for the archives for tomorrow as well.

It was tough on Thursday at the VC. Even putting aside that everyone else in the building chose to manifest their Duke hatred, it just felt very tough to me to be super-vocal without looking like you were beating up on the "little guy".

That won't be a problem tomorrow. Fully agreed - we need to show up full on.

Double. Double.
    Toil and trouble.
    West Virginia is lucky to have beaten the bubble.

Use your imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I'll watch the game. Other than that, there's not really anything I can do.
    Feldspar, surely there is SOMETHING you can think of that will let the guys know you're on their side... your favorite Duke shirt... the little devil horns... even Duke Blue Boxers would make a potent statement.

I will be wearing my favorite and lucky Duke shirt and Duke pants. Have my lucky socks that have been ripening in the closet for several weeks. Duke blue underwear is next in the pile, so that's a good sign.

But I do have a dilemma. I like to watch the game with someone and usually go to my friend's house (she has big screen; I have tiny screen... hey, I'm lucky I have a color TV!). But the last time I did that was for the Clemson game in the ACCs. Should I stay home?

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DukeDevilDeb

Mojo and a little history

So I'm breaking a key piece of mojo-related headgear out of my closet and it requires a little explanation.

If you have the official NCAA highlight videotape from the 1991 championship, you will notice that, after the Brian Davis dunk that clinched our victory over Kansas, there are 4 crowd shots. The 4th is a shot from over my left shoulder and its me going nuts as we clinch our first NC. Well, in that shot, I am wearing a beat up white Duke hat, and a blue 1989 East Regional champions t-shirt.

17 years later, these clothing items are beat up, and have gone out of my regular rotation of Duke-related clothing. They don't really fit, and have seen better days. But for obvious reasons, and much to my wife's chagrin, they still sit in my closet

But when we need mojo, I break them out.

We need mojo.

I just pulled the hat and t-shirt out of the closet. I pray the t-shirt can cover the gut that wasn't there 17 years ago.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    True story - My beloved Zoe, may she rest in peace, used to pee herself at the sound of Dick Vitale's voice.

In any case, I will be drinking a lot of rum. It may not help Duke, but I know it will help me.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    All members of the household where Duke paraphernalia including the dogs. High decible cheering throughout drives the dogs out of the room.

Rearranged my travel schedule so I can get home in time for the game. Watching on the road is usually bad luck for me. I have a Duke lanyard with lapel pins from every NCAA tournament and ACC Tournament for the last 16 years. I also have the three championship pins and apin for the back to back championships. Definitely wearing that with all the rest of my Duke clothing!

There will be some students

About 6 friends and I are making our way up on saturday, and we will be loud.

(I bought my tix on sunday, and was, um..., a little stressed when the score was 69-70 thursday night)

I'll be screaming myself hoarse (again), and irritating my section with a rather loud whistle (again).

-jk