Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Duke MBB vs. Belmont Post-Game Thread

Post your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    If anybody votes for ANYBODY, they should be ashamed.
    I know what you are saying, but Gerald did play great in the 2nd half. He saved our bacon and certainly deserves man of the match honors.

I expected close but dang! Belmont played great. Duke not so much. Gerald Henderson for Prez! He was the MOTM followed by Scheyer. Duke won't see a team like that again in this tournament.

Gerald was a man. Everyone else, get in line.

Next time you guys start talking about 'what time is the next tournament game televised?' before you play the current one, remember 3/20/08.

That warm breeze you all just felt was me exhaling all the way from the southern hemisphere. We have never been so lucky to win a game in my life.

Were they all suffering the flu or what?

Wow

At this point, I'm just glad to avoid the embarrassment of losing as a 2 seed. I don't know whats wrong with Demarcus. Was he sick?

I'll try to be positive so congrats to Scheyer for a big first half and Henderson for a beast second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I know what you are saying, but Gerald did play great in the 2nd half. He saved our bacon and certainly deserves man of the match honors.
    I agree...Gerald really saved the team.

wow

It would be fantastic if this game spurred our team on to a National Championship. I can see it now!

we play another game like that, it won't matter who we play next...we gone!

probably by double digits.

4.0 seconds left, I have NEVER yelled at the TV as loud and for as long as I did then. That was absolutely absurd that there was no over the back call. I doubt Paulus was tackled as hard during his career as a QB. Ridiculous.

Not to take anything away from Belmont, they played a great game, but that call was crazy.

survive and advance, I guess?

14. Agree. Momentary exultation followed by a deep concern about Saturday's game. For tonight I'm staying positive: survive and advance.

Let's go Duke and he11 yes G!

All I could think of for the second half was Weber State

Pains me to say it, but the better team tonight did not win. We just did not deserve that game. Belmont did. But, the breaks went our way and we stole one. Need a better showing than that or we will be going home sooner rather than later.

A good things from this game

The only good thing i can see coming from this game, is now that gerald henderson knows that he has the ability and can do whatever he wants on the basketball court.

Dude.

UNCLE.

Seriously.

I'm not sure my Saturday is ready for another one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by ambitiouspear View Post
    It would be fantastic if this game spurred our team on to a National Championship. I can see it now!
    As I posted in the Phase VI thread, WHEW! Survive and advance, baby, survive and advance.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by 91devil View Post
    Next time you guys start talking about 'what time is the next tournament game televised?' before you play the current one, remember 3/20/08.
    It really doesn't matter how far in advance the fans look. What matters is the players' mindset. And I truly believe we came out ready to play against belmont tonight. But Belmont was better than anybody, including us, believed they would be and when they didn't fall the team's confidence was noticably shaken. Remember, this was only the 1st or 2nd ncaa game for most of the team.

MAN, did we skate tonight. I can't want to see gerald's big play at the end. Thanks to internet issues, I missed it the first time. I'll catch the replay.