There has been much discussion as of late about "Duke Basketball," what it entails and, in some cases, whether or not it even really exists.

When I was a camper at Duke Basketball Camp, Coach K gave a 15-minute speech on this exact subject. I've never forgotten that speech.

In it, he said that "Duke Basketball" starts first with integrity. That means respecting your opponents, your team, your teammates and coaches.

Respecting your team means that each and every time you step out on the floor with that uniform on with the words "Duke" on it, you represent "Duke Basketball." And Duke basketball starts with "D."

"Duke Basketball" starts with defense. Hard-nosed, in your face, I will DIE before I let you score defense. It continues with valuing the ball. So much so that you will sacrifice your body in order to secure the ball because you respect your team so much that the team is more important than any physical pain that may come from diving for that loose ball.

"Duke Basketball" is about playing 40 minutes. Not 20, not 25, not 35. That's 40 minutes of "Duke basketball." You don't take plays off. You don't rest on defense.

"Duke Basketball" is about understanding and respecting your role within the team. Different players have different roles and they understand that their role, whether it is to score, pass, rebound, play defense or all of the above, is the most important job on the court, and they treat it that way.

"Duke Basketball" is about imposing your will on your opponent. We don't allow another team to make us play their style of basketball. We don't play "UNC Basketball." We don't play "Maryland Basketball." We are Duke and we play "Duke Basketball." Period.

When you play "Duke Basketball," win or lose, you are proud to walk off the court because you know that you have done everything you can do to bring respect to this program.

That's what "Duke Basketball" is to me. Because that's what Coach K told me "Duke Basketball" is.