Thread: My FAVORITE DAY

My FAVORITE DAY

Okay, most people I live, work and socialize with out here think I'm nuts when I tell them that tomorrow (Thursday) is my favorite day in the realm of the entire sporting world.

Please tell me I'm not alone?

And while we're at it, what are folks' recommendations for best web scoreboard (fastest updates/best gametracking) during the tourney? Is it, by virtue of being the tourney TV host, CBS?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Okay, most people I live, work and socialize with out here think I'm nuts when I tell them that tomorrow (Thursday) is my favorite day in the realm of the entire sporting world.

Please tell me I'm not alone?

And while we're at it, what are folks' recommendations for best web scoreboard (fastest updates/best gametracking) during the tourney? Is it, by virtue of being the tourney TV host, CBS?
    Woot tomorrow/today! I know I'll be watching it online, despite our IT department's anti-online-video stance... Worst case, I'll just go home early (4pm PST) and watch online.

I like Yahoo. Their site keeps things simple and clean (yes, hard to believe considering their home page), and things seem to load very fast. Plus their URL is simple, and makes sense.

I rarely use CBS, but I HATE the facebook popup that asks me if I want to share my tourney picks on facebook. I HATE HATE HATE it, so much that I'm going to suggest next year to do a different site (though, most likely I'll forget about it, and just keep hating the damn facebook popups)

One of the most wonderful days of the year. So much productivity lost, it should just be granted a holiday. Even though the money's tight right now, I'm almost glad I'm unemployed right now...Thursday and Friday will be free and clear to watch basketball!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I'm just bummed I'm not in Vegas for this weekend this year. That was fun!

But yeah, this is the best 4 day stretch of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Woot tomorrow/today! I know I'll be watching it online, despite our IT department's anti-online-video stance... Worst case, I'll just go home early (4pm PST) and watch online.
    No online videos?!? That makes me appreciate where I work. We've already got the TV hooked up for everyone to watch the games today. If UGA weren't playing, I doubt this would be happening..but I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    No online videos?!? That makes me appreciate where I work. We've already got the TV hooked up for everyone to watch the games today. If UGA weren't playing, I doubt this would be happening..but I'll take it!
    I have 4 screens in front of me, and they will each be watching games. Thank you, interweb!

As much as I love this day, tonight creates a horrible dilemna! I am a minister, and I have a Maunday Thursday service at the church tonight at 7:00! I had already told people that it would not be a lengthy service, and now that I know the game time at 7:10, it may be really, really short! Oh well - here's to hoping I won't be missing much tonight, and I'll be able to comfortably settle in for the second half blow out!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    It's more of an unofficial "don't use too much bandwidth" policy - some idiot was downloading BSG torrents at work and this whole thing started. Doesn't help that nobody out here on the wrong coast watches college basketball

favorite day

Any Duke win, any unc loss, any time, any season...

Go to ESPN scoreboard. They have links to videos of games in progress. Makes for a good backup instead of gamecast.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I have 4 screens in front of me, and they will each be watching games. Thank you, interweb!
    Ive only got 3, I hope I survive.

This is my favorite day. Trying to convince teachers to let me watch games or use their computers is great. This year b/c of Easter so I'm off and i havent moved all day. This is awesome

Go DUKE!!