Guess who may be back in coaching?

Arkansas State University's longtime basketball coack Dickey Nutt (brother of Ole Miss football coach Houston Nutt) "resigned" a couple of weeks ago. Rumors have been swirling about a deal in the works with former Razorback coach Nolan Richardson. We finally have confirmation that there are talks:
    Nolan Richardson Says He's Talked to ASU About Coaching Job.

One of the rumors I've heard is that he's wanting to bring in "Notes" Richardson (remember him? Middle TN State?) as his top assistant and heir apparent.

NCAA MBB Coaching changes 2008

Arkansas State, who fired Coach Dickey Nutt before the end of the season, has hired former LSU coach John Brady.

There was a fairly lengthy flirtation with Nolan Richardson which ended last week. Rumor has it that Nolan wanted to hire his son "Notes" (former Middle TN State coach, fired after pulling a gun on an assistant coach), along with Todd Day and Pat Bradley, as assistants. Guess which one ASU objected to. (Smart move, IMHO.)

Just wondering

While I know all the coaches are very involved with the team during the tournament, I just wonder if anyone knows or thinks if any of the assistants, might be interviewed for the present openings like at Providence or other possible vacant slots that are sure to open up shortly?

Living in northern NJ, though I know it won't happen for a lot of reasons I would love to see any of these men on the bench of Seton Hall. But with there still being a ton on venom with the Administration up here with the memory of Tommy Amaker leaving for Michigan, I know the SHU alumni would be edgy. But with the present guy at the Hall, a lot of alumni are demanding a move of the coach and the AD...It is a circus!

The bottom feeders of the Big East such as St. Johns and a few others are going to be looking for some answers within the near future... I just wonder if the coaches might be interested?

Braun Out at Cal

Ben Braun has been fired and the link below lists Montgomery and Lavin as possible replacements among others. Cal-Berkley is one of the finest public Universities in the country, is located in a nice part of the country and plays in the PAC 10. I would think that they would be looking at some of the hot young head coaches in the country (Miller of Xavier, Bennett of St. Mary's, the coach at Pitt) or perhaps some assistant like Wojo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3313928

gw67

Yeah he was a pretty average coach and im sure it ticked off some of the fans and alumni.

I doubt Mike Montgomery would head to Cal,out there thats about as bad as Roy Williams replacing Coach K at Duke.

I've heard Sean Miller's name though as a more realistic candidate for the Indiana job,reportedly Indiana wants to reach out to Bruce Pearl and Rick Pitino and soundly listen to them laugh hysterically through the duration of the phone call.

WKU's Darrin Horn to coach South Carolina

"After leading his 12th-seeded Western Kentucky Hilltoppers to a berth in the Sweet 16, head coach Darrin Horn has agreed to replace the retiring Dave Odom at South Carolina, according to a published report."

Read more here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3322582

On the one, a move to SC from WKU sounds like a good move up (and far more logical than from Oklahoma to SC), but SC has been the graveyard of former successful coaches in both BB and FB (OK, the jury is still out on the current FB coach).