Thumbs up Laettner Radio Interview

Atlanta Sports Radio, 790 the Zone, interviewed Christian Laettner the other day, and the interview mp3 is available for download through:
    http://790thezone.com/vdDynamic/Audi...dioBit4737.mp3

Great interview. 18 minutes long (also available on their iTunes entry): the shots, the UK game, the UNLV win, the Dream Team, his personality, his NBA times, media relations, thoughts on K, investments, etc...

Really down-to-earth, forthright discussion.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I heard it live and enjoyed his declaration that he always picks Duke in his brackets.

I had never heard that story about Coach K getting in his face and telling him he should have left for the NBA a year earlier. I think K's tough love worked pretty well...

He was also on Jim Rome yesterday. Short interview. Talked about why so much hating on Duke - so good for so long. Also talked about "The Shot". Said they practiced pressure-end-of-game shots all the time. He had to make it before he could leave. Also mentioned his shot against CT.

I heard it live, too -- such a nice surprise to get rewarded by a Laettner interview, for all of the crap I usually put with from Atlanta sports radio!

Laughed at the part where he said that Coach K told him he should have left, and he said that his teammates were all really glad K got in his face like that...

Thumbs up Jay Bilas Interview

Atlanta Sports Radio, 790 the Zone, interviewed Jay Bilas today. I expect the interview mp3 will be available for download later today through:
    http://790thezone.com/

Good interview. The interview was the funniest Bilas has done in a while, including discussion of his SAG membership for his appearances on The White Shadow. Love his impression of "Media Guy," and especially love his discussion about Bill Raftery.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Atlanta Sports Radio, 790 the Zone, interviewed Jay Bilas today. ...Good interview. The interview was the funniest Bilas has done in a while, including discussion of his SAG membership for his appearances on The White Shadow. ...
    How about "I Come in Peace?" Now THERE'S a classic Bilas film

Granted, that's two more feature films than I will ever star in...
    "There can BE only one."

Christian gave a great, insightful and revealing interview.

dynamite. thanks

Thanks for the link. A coach? Wow, I never would have put Christian in that role.

For anyone who hasn't heard the interview--go check out the link. Christian has tons of great things to say... I especially like the part about Shaq still holding a grudge towards Laettner for taking the one college player spot on the Dream Team.

Talking Grudges

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    For anyone who hasn't heard the interview--go check out the link. Christian has tons of great things to say... I especially like the part about Shaq still holding a grudge towards Laettner for taking the one college player spot on the Dream Team.
    A few weeks earlier, Shaq was interviewed on the air. Shaq really has a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by happydays1949 View Post
    Thanks for the link. A coach? Wow, I never would have put Christian in that role.
    I'm just amazed someone hasn't heard this and started a 'Fire Wojo Hire Christian' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    I'm just amazed someone hasn't heard this and started a 'Fire Wojo Hire Christian' thread.
    Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

Sincerely,
    Mike K.