Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Predict men's starting 5, minutes, in 2007-08

I thought we would have some fun, and see who you think the starting five will be next year. Here are my choices.

Paulus
    McRoberts
    Henderson
    Singler
    Nelson

When Conference play beings I think there will be a transition to this group.

Nolan
    McRoberts
    Henderson
    Singler
    Nelson/ Pocious/ McClure.

this gives us Schier, Paulus, Z, King, off the bench.

Scheyer and Pocius

Sorry,

1. McRoberts is gone!

2. You misspelled Scheyer and Pocius' names.

Next thread.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

And.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Sorry,

1. McRoberts is gone!

2. You misspelled Scheyer and Pocius' names.

Next thread.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan
    I think Nolan is going to be pretty good but starting over Paulus??? Doubt it.

starters

greg
    Schyer
    Nelson
    Singler
    Mcroberts

I know Gerlad is a great athlete and scorer, but i get this feeling w/ a strong jon, he will go w/ him b/c he brings so much to the table

srry...

meant stronger jon

Paulus
    Scheyer
    Henderson
    Singler
    Patterson

starting 5

Paulus
    Scheyer
    Nelson
    Henderson
    Zoubek

Greg
    Jon
    Gerald
    Kyle
    Patrick (praying)

I agree with pretty much the rest of you, DeMarcus needs to take a seat. And, though many don't think he'll see much PT, I think Taylor King sees lots of minutes at the wing/forward spot. He's way too good a shooter to keep dusting on the pine. Let him fire away in bunches.

DeMarcus Starts!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Greg
    Jon
    Gerald
    Kyle
    Patrick (praying)

I agree with pretty much the rest of you, DeMarcus needs to take a seat. And, though many don't think he'll see much PT, I think Taylor King sees lots of minutes at the wing/forward spot. He's way too good a shooter to keep dusting on the pine. Let him fire away in bunches.
    No way that DeMarcus doesn't start. He's our best on the ball defender, a great rebounder and was our leading scorer this year. Next year he is a star, First Team All ACC, defensive POY, averaging > 20 points.

I disagree with those of you who have Demarcus out.

1. He is Dukes best perimeter defender.

2. He makes a few mistakes, but there were plenty of other players who made them.

3. He is our lone senior.

If i had to guess a lineup.

Greg Paulus
    Gerald Henderson
    Demarcus Nelson
    Kyle Singler
    Patrick Patterson/Brian Zoubek/Lance Thomas

Jon struggled the second half of the season. I believe he isnt as good of a defender as GH or DN. He may be a little better shooter.

as good as the guys coming in next year are will any of them be ready to start at the next level this years class was very good also but it takes time to adjust to not being the best player on the floor so with that said theres no way nelson doesnt start and no way smith starts as pg

I think Gerald Starts just because he can do so much on the court. His 3-ball got a little more consistent as the season went on and he can create better than anyone else on the team. While this is the starting I predict - I just hope that we see a team that runs and pushes it all season. I thought that was when this years team was their most effective -in transition and not in the half court:

Greg
    Demarcus
    Gerald
    Jon
    Josh (if he's gone Zoubek)

"He's way too good a shooter to keep dusting on the pine"

that didn't work for marty

"No way that DeMarcus doesn't start. He's our best on the ball defender"

people keep saying this, but i remember him getting beat a lot.

Paulus
    Henderson
    Nelson/Scheyer
    Singler
    Patterson

If PP doesn't end up at Duke, I hope Zoubek improves his footwork over the summer, a lot, cause he'll be starting. I think Lance Thomas will be a solid contributing 6th/7th man if he can put on 15+ pounds - remember Lance, muscle weighs more than fat!

All improve

Quote Originally Posted by pacificrounder View Post
    Paulus
    Henderson
    Nelson/Scheyer
    Singler
    Patterson

If PP doesn't end up at Duke, I hope Uzbek improves his footwork over the summer, a lot, cause he'll be starting. I think Lance Thomas will be a solid contributing Th/Th man if he can put on 15+ pounds - remember Lance, muscle weighs more than fat!
    I have never been one to believe that an incoming player will be the savior or "rule the world." That rarely happens. In any event, whether PP comes or not, I hope that Z works hard and improves over the summer. I hope all our boys work hard and improve their skills over the summer.

Incoming freshmen will be freshmen.

Singler

has at least a chance to be somehwhat of an impact player, at least scoring wise

"Incoming freshmen will be freshmen."

wright, lawson, durant, reynolds, et. al.

some freshmen are different.

sometimes (hansbleep) they are older.

zoubek won't contribute or have large minutes until he is a jr., regardless of our situation.

Enough already, Bob Green

Bob Green, enough is enough with your McRoberts predictions. Everyone is sick of reading it. You have no inside information on whether he is leaving, so stop with your prognositications. Let's hope Josh comes back or next year will be very painful.

WTH

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingThomasHill View Post
    Bob Green, enough is enough with your McRoberts predictions. Everyone is sick of reading it. You have no inside information on whether he is leaving, so stop with your prognositications. Let's hope Josh comes back or next year will be very painful.

WTH
    Who's sick of it? Bob Green is a great poster. Maybe you should try and follow his act?

People who do have "Inside information" are sure he will leave. We can hope and prey, But in the end he is likely gone. You should deal with it like the most of us.
    Last edited by DukeBlood; 03-17-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Easy, DukeBlood. Stop foaming at the mouth.

DukeBlood wrote:

"We can hope and prey, But in the end he is likely gone. You should deal with it like the most of us."

How do you know? Why don't you wait until he announces his intentions? And let's confine the title of "great posters" to Watzone and Jumbo.

WTH