Where was Blue Devil Saturday?

I didn't see the Blue Devil (mascot) at the ACC Duke-Clemson game in Charlotte on Saturday. I heard that one of them was injured in February, but has something happened to the other one, too? 9f

My dad and I were at the game and wondered the same thing. He/she was there Friday, but not Saturday.

He was in Atlanta

The devil went down to Georgia. Word has it that he was looking for a soul to steal. Dude's been stressed out lately and was in a bind, far behind. He was willing to make a deal.

Didn't see him at the SEC Tournament, but it's likely he was behind the whole tornado bit.

-EarlJam

funny you should bring this up. A friend of mine just emailed me and said she and her mom were wondering the same thing. The conversation went like this:

Mom: "Our Mascot isnt at the game! no one knows why"
    Friend: "Weird, where is he?"
    Mom: "Out looking for Singler's shot"

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by devil67 View Post
    I didn't see the Blue Devil (mascot) at the ACC Duke-Clemson game in Charlotte on Saturday. I heard that one of them was injured in February, but has something happened to the other one, too? 9f
    Having knee surgery. It would have been made public, but we don't release our injury list.

Bobcat Security

I heard the Blue Devil had GTH, C, GTH for the message taped on his head and the security staff tossed the Blue Devil out.

I heard he had a hangnail...

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    The devil went down to Georgia. Word has it that he was looking for a soul to steal. Dude's been stressed out lately and was in a bind, far behind. He was willing to make a deal.

Didn't see him at the SEC Tournament, but it's likely he was behind the whole tornado bit.

- EarlJam
    that first part was great thanks for the laugh

the ACC allows teams to bring up to 12 cheer members. I believe our cheer team was 12 members strong so the mascot would have put it over the number. It could have been 11 + the mascot however. Any combination up to 12 would have worked.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Well, he was definitely there Friday, so I didn't think it was the numbers.

Was it bus-gate again? If I recall correctly, one NCAA tournament the Blue Devil outfit was left on the bus but then a different bus picked them up for the next game. It took a while to track down the outfit.

this is from dave glenn's blog on friday:

"There are rules for just about everything at the ACC Tournament (remember Roy Williams' Coke-Pepsi spat a few years ago?), including cheerleaders and dance teams. Each school can bring any combination of 12 individuals for sideline support.

FSU brought 11 dance team members and its mascot, for example. UNC had seven female cheerleaders, four male cheerleaders and the mascot Ramses in its contingent. Virginia Tech somehow had six female cheerleaders, six male cheerleaders and a mascot, for a total of 13. Miami brought eight dance team members and its mascot. ..."
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Was it bus-gate again? If I recall correctly, one NCAA tournament the Blue Devil outfit was left on the bus but then a different bus picked them up for the next game. It took a while to track down the outfit.
    That was 1991 for the Duke/UNLV game. Sadly, the Devil had to leave all the silly string he planned to fire into Tark the Shark in the bag. Good thing it didn't cost us the game.
    "There can BE only one."

Rumor has it he got sick Friday night after the Georgia Tech game, and wasn't able to make it to the game on Saturday.

Finally! A reasonable explanation for his Saturday absence. And yes, he was there on Friday. And no, it was not a numbers thing. So does rumor have it that he is better now and will make it to DC?

Substitute Devil

Quote Originally Posted by devil67 View Post
    Finally! A reasonable explanation for his Saturday absence. And yes, he was there on Friday. And no, it was not a numbers thing. So does rumor have it that he is better now and will make it to DC?
    If he doesn't, I volunteer for the job!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

mascot

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    If he doesn't, I volunteer for the job!
    yea, but can you surf?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    yea, but can you surf?
    You're darn toot'n I can!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Blue Devil

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You're darn toot'n I can!
    NOTICE: We have found our replacement Devil if #1(and #2, if s/he exists) cannot make it to DC. Not only can OZZIE surf but he can play back-up kazoo in the DUMB AND looks great in a gorilla suit. Sign him up!

And who better as a sub than the designer of 9F?