Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Even this isn't a guarantee. If your local CBS station has the game, that site is blacked out on the DirecTV channel, and my experience has been that if the local channel switches, DirecTV isn't too speedy about un-blacking out the satellite channel. I've missed a lot of Duke first round action this way.
    ah, the one and ONLY advantage of being an international when trying to follow my blue devils. Can you use a proxy IP address to get around this?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    DirecTV is all I get here in the inter-mountain region (Steamboat). I bought the Mega March Madness package for $69.99 -- a heck of a lot cheaper than flying back to DC for the game. I'll let you know if it it up to snuff -- i..e., all games for all 40 minutes; mostly HDTV; no confusion in finding the channel (702-706).

sagegrouse

All three games in the 12 hour ET were easily found and all in HD. so far, so good (although I was really pulling for Georgia to beat Xavier).

sagegrouse

I wish CBS would pimp their primetime shows a little more... like during every other break in the action.

A bit of levity on CBS' expense

First I apologize to the monitors for having to delete this out of the Belmont thread.

Here in central VA CBS has the sound from one game and the video from another. Some of the commentary about the commercial is quite amusing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Head to a Sports bar that has DirecTV. They have the packages where they show each game in its entirety, and none of them will be cut off. Also, you can head to the internet. http://ncaasports.com/mmod. I believe you had to register, so I'm not sure if it's too late, but they will show every game for free as well.
    On the left coast, this link was fairly satisfactory. Picture quality left a lot to be desired, but given the alternative, it wasn't too bad. Free. Didn't have to register.

However, if you don't click their OK when it appears (maybe every 12-15 minutes) they time you out and you have to start over.

It's like watching a non-HD LCD screen. Sometimes the ball moves too fast to be seen and you wonder why X has the ball when you thought Y had it.

Coverage maps for Friday. I'm gonna have to find somewhere with the package for Mississippi State-Oregon.

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/news/20...age-maps/#day2

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

G-Man doing color for some of the West Bracket

Living out west so I'm getting the Uconn SD game and G-Man is doing color. Didn't think I had heard him do color for the NCAAs before...though could very easily be wrong...

be awesome if he did the sweet 16/elite 8 too...

Jim Spanarkel is working the Oregon/Miss St game.

I'll be glad when CBS loses the contract for the tournament.

Wink Duke Color Commentators

Is this supposition correct?

There are eight teams of announcers and commentators at this weekend's NCAA sites.

Three of the eight commentators were Duke b-ball players: Gminski, Spanarkel, and Bilas. And isn't Jason Williams somehow involved?

Seems like an unfair recruiting advantage to me. I am surprised there haven't been protests.

sagegrouse

I have had MMM on Directv for several years, and while not perfect, it is pretty darn good. I am glad to have it, and think it is $69 well spent. So far this year I have been able to watch all the games in which I had an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Coverage maps for Friday. I'm gonna have to find somewhere with the package for Mississippi State-Oregon.

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/news/20...age-maps/#day2
    Any ideas for Saturday? I tried to find it on the same site, but no luck.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCGroup View Post
    Any ideas for Saturday? I tried to find it on the same site, but no luck.
    Duke is the only game in the 2 p.m. time slot, so we're nation-wide. For the rest of the games, check them out here:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/ncaabb/
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Our good buddy Packer

a title of sarcasm.

Anybody out there catch this? Dave Telep had an unplanned radio interview with Billy Packer yesterday. A few minutes into this interview Dave asked Billy about a rumor reported by the Chicago Tribune that Billy will soon be leaving his long held job at CBS. In true egotistical, patronizing fashion Packer rips into Telep for even being asked about it and basically tells Dave how he should do his job as a journalist. Really Billy?? YOU'RE a journalist? All Telep seems to be doing is trying to dispel a rumor by going to the source but Packer instead becomes inflamed.

I'm not one to go on rants about announcers but those of you out there that are not exactly fans of Packer, and there are certainly quite a few, may find this quite entertaining.

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/ scroll down to find "Dave Glenn with Billy Packer"

Angry CBS continued

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Duke is the only game in the 2 p.m. time slot, so we're nation-wide. For the rest of the games, check them out here:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/ncaabb/
    The coverage tonight has been quite frustrating to say the least. The Greensboro affiliate and the Roanoke station are mirrors. I start out excited to see Clemson do well. They switch to Ark/Ind, then to Boise/ Louisville, then Memphis, back to Clemson, then back to Ark/Ind. Each change was set up so you could view 30 seconds of action, then straight to time-out and commercials. I've seen much more commercials than basketball. I scream at the TV with each switch and watch my blood pressure skyrocket. They let you stay at one venue just long enough to get really interested, then SWITCH?

CBS, you suck worse than I could imagine that life could be like if I were a baseball fan at the U of Antarctica.

That is why you need Directv and Mega March Madness. I saw exactly the games I wanted, and no others. I agree that CBS sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    a title of sarcasm.

Anybody out there catch this? Dave Telep had an unplanned radio interview with Billy Packer yesterday.

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/ scroll down to find "Dave Glenn with Billy Packer"
    I was going to point out that it was David Glenn and not Dave Telep, but you corrected yourself.

Thanks for linking it. I heard Glenn talking about the "episode" on today's show, but hadn't listened to it yet.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Is this supposition correct?

There are eight teams of announcers and commentators at this weekend's NCAA sites.

Three of the eight commentators were Duke b-ball players: Gminski, Spanarkel, and Bilas. And isn't Jason Williams somehow involved?

Seems like an unfair recruiting advantage to me. I am surprised there haven't been protests.

sagegrouse
    A 4th, Bob Wenzel, was an assistant coach at Duke while Gminski and Spanarkel were there.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I was going to point out that it was David Glenn and not Dave Telep, but you corrected yourself.

Thanks for linking it. I heard Glenn talking about the "episode" on today's show, but hadn't listened to it yet.
    Yeah, I meant Glenn. oh well.

Amazingly Enough...

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    That is why you need Directv and Mega March Madness. I saw exactly the games I wanted, and no others. I agree that CBS sucks.
    When the local Denver channel (175 miles away over four mt. ranges) decided to switch from Oklahoma-St. Joe's to Vandy-Siena, DirecTV actually turned on all four channels for Mega March etc. (Previously the OU game had been blacked out in favor of Channel 4).

I was amazed.

sagegrouse

Sometimes the TV fates smile upon you. I have had a somewhat similar (different teams) experience.