Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Penetration

I'd like to see alot of controlled penetration. Nelson gets so many charges on over penetration. Once he beats his man into the key I wish he would stop and pull up for a 10 footer. Scheyer is one of the best at getting 10-15 footers after getting past his man.

I'd also like to see quicker ball movement. It seems like guys have been probing the defense with too much dribbling. Mix quick passes with some ball fakes before doing the globetrotter exhibition.

I'd like to see Duke explode to a 15 point lead and then use the blue team to try and extend the lead. Keep all guys under 30 minutes!

I will be at the game

I sold my raleigh tickets and won some for Dc im pumped.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by duke211 View Post
    I sold my raleigh tickets and won some for Dc im pumped.

uhhhh, you didn't by chance sell them to Tar Heels did you? did you get some background on the buyers?

yea

I sold them to a Davidson fan, would never give a Tar Heel the satisfaction

Scouting Report from the Verizon Center

For what it's worth, I thought I'd share a few observations with the DBR board after seeing our Blue Devils practice at the Verizon Center, just a few short minutes ago.

There was a good Duke fan turnout, maybe a two hundred. Nevertheless, I got a spot maybe three rows back. Wish my cell phone took decent pictures! Anyway, the Duke fans gave 'em a warm reception and the Devils rewarded us with a spirited practice.

Singler was looking cold from three-point range, but Scheyer, Paulus and "icy-hot" Taylor King were looking red hot! Zoubek was a crowd favorite, and had a running lay-up that drew some appreciative applause. Gerald had a flashy dunk at one point that even his teammates were impressed with! Didn't seem him nursing or favoring the wrist at all. All in all they looked loose and ready to go.

And Wojo and Collins still got it -- they give the team a run whenever they're on the floor!

I scouted around for tickets a bit outside, but it was raining and there were tons of pseudo-security guys running around. Sitting so close for the practice made me really envy anyone who has such amazing tickets tomorrow. I may run over there again at lunch tomorrow and see if anything turns up...

Enjoy, and good luck tomorrow Devils!

PS: Best part was seeing some excited kid running around after the practice shouting about how get got DeMarcus's autograph!

Thanks for the update!

Good luck with tickets tomorrow, the team can always use a bit more support!

9F

Great to hear that Gerald is ok! I think that K is telling Singler to drive more, instead of trying to perfect his jump shot - was he doing any of that?

Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by astoria26 View Post
    Great to hear that Gerald is ok! I think that K is telling Singler to drive more, instead of trying to perfect his jump shot - was he doing any of that?

Thanks for the report!
    Kyle was actually looking pretty good inside, with a few layups.

He has been really tentative the past few games, either just sitting on the perimeter or hitting bricks.

ughhhhhh... to think that I met DeMarcus once and didn't even ask for autograph! (Well he was with a girl, so I figured it probably wasn't a good time to interrupt...)

Singler ice cold from 3? Damn...I hope he'll be looking for more inside shots then.

I can't wait for tomorrow to come!!!

Thanks for the report, and good luck with the tkts.

I'm assuming the rest of the team (esp. DeMarcus, Lance, Nolan, and Dave) looked good as well.

David was actually shooting really well, I wish he would take the shot more often when he's open.

Quote Originally Posted by beltwayBD View Post
    David was actually shooting really well, I wish he would take the shot more often when he's open.
    Thanks, again. I'll just assume that Markie, Lance and Nolan didn't do anything unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by astoria26 View Post
    Great to hear that Gerald is ok!

Thanks for the report!
    I completely agree on this point. His good health cannot be overlooked. I also give thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrasdukie View Post
    Thanks, again. I'll just assume that Markie, Lance and Nolan didn't do anything unexpected
    Just to settle your anxiety, they were all looking great! I confess I didn't watch them as closely as some of the other players, though I do remember Nolan looked really comfortable on the court.

thx for the report

These tourney practices don't reveal much. But good to have the info just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by beltwayBD View Post
    I scouted around for tickets a bit outside, but it was raining and there were tons of pseudo-security guys running around. Sitting so close for the practice made me really envy anyone who has such amazing tickets tomorrow. I may run over there again at lunch tomorrow and see if anything turns up...
    Be sure to try the ticket office. Several years ago when the ACC tournament was in Washington, we were outside holding up fingers like everyone else looking for tickets and a guy came by saying that we should try the ticket office. Thinking it was impossible and laughing at ourselves, we stepped inside and were able to buy full books for the weekend (5 of us!). It seems that folks in the DC area are so accustomed to obeying scalping laws that they actually turn tickets back in.

Good luck and cheer for all of us.

I really hope Singler looks to score more inside in the NCAA tournament. I know he is undersized, but he operates well inside and is tough with good moves, which allows him to finish. He has fallen in love with that jumpshot that ain't going down right now and I really hope he gets back to his bread and butter of driving and posting down low.

Quote Originally Posted by shereec View Post
    Be sure to try the ticket office. Several years ago when the ACC tournament was in Washington, we were outside holding up fingers like everyone else looking for tickets and a guy came by saying that we should try the ticket office. Thinking it was impossible and laughing at ourselves, we stepped inside and were able to buy full books for the weekend (5 of us!). It seems that folks in the DC area are so accustomed to obeying scalping laws that they actually turn tickets back in.

Good luck and cheer for all of us.
    This worked for me. At about 2:30 this afternoon, the ticket office had plenty of upper level single tickets for tonight's games and for Saturday.

we look lifeless at the 15:30 mark. and making horrible decisions on offense.

scheyer with the layup.. maybe were turning it on!