Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    wake beat us in their first and only try.
    im an idiot. so did miami. losing to clemson makes my brain cry

{place UNC here}

Quote Originally Posted by grc5 View Post
    im an idiot. so did miami. losing to clemson makes my brain cry
    no, miami got us on the second try. we won the first game at home. but keep trying...
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Well, I think we should just let the Tar Babies play in the Dean Dome through the first two weekends. It's gonna be the same as them playing in Raleigh and Charlotte. Seriously. Can anyone name me a bigger home court-type advantage than the one UNC will have this year?

picks

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    YOU CAN NOT PICK DUKE. That being said, name 7 teams which you think could be in the Final Four. (...of course, we all know that Duke might be among them).

My picks (in no particular order): PITT, UCLA, CLEMSON, MEMPHIS, KANSAS, TEXAS, STANFORD.
    I thought you could only have 4 teams playing the final weekend(plus Monday, of course)

UCLA, Kansas, Pitt, G'town, Texas, UNC, Tennessee

And the good thing is I believe that Duke can play with or beat all of these teams!! Go Devils!!!

Unc

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    {place UNC here}
    This UNC team seems to find ways to win. It is very annoying. They are a final four lock unless Hansblah gets in major foul trouble or gets injured. I don't think they can survive his loss. In the absence of that- and it really pains me to say this- I don't see them losing with this path to San Antonio- dag-gummit.

please give them wisc as their 2. it's easy enough in nc, but giving them wisc as their 2 would all but ice it.

has hansbrough ever been in foul trouble? for someone who plays so physical, it is a little odd that he rarely to picks up any fouls. if he were to get in foul trouble, i think unc would be in unchartered territory.

UNC is still vulnerable to a combo of a bad shooting night from the three point line and a team with enough interior depth (or let 'em play refs) to be physical in the paint. It happened last year.

But, if they don't hit that combo, well, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    please give them wisc as their 2. it's easy enough in nc, but giving them wisc as their 2 would all but ice it.
    That wouldn't surprise me at all. Whatever the committee can do to make their little trip to the FF easier, I'm sure they will do.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Let's not play that game. That 2004 Duke team would run this year's number 1 tarheels out of the gym. The 2005 tarheels would run the 2008 tarheels out of the gym and this Duke team for sure.

Lance was a bit overmatched today. Booker and Mays are very strong.
    Interesting comment about this years heels being run out of gym by 2004 team...tell me why you think that, that the 2004 team would run this 31-2 team out of the gym....quick glance at match-ups and sorry, I just dont see it....

This is a very good, balanced Carolina team that wins the close games, period.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    AM I the only one who wants out of Raleigh and Charlotte? We are so hated that it will be easier for us to play without the added pressure of being in ACC country. I know we're hated elsewhere as well, but nowhere near the hate we get in Charlotte and Raleigh.
    I completely agree; I think I'd rather see us in Duke-friendly DC (with a lot of Duke alums in attendance) than sharing Raleigh with UNC. We'll know soon enough!

We just might be in D.C.. As of the last bracketology, we are the three seed in the West. We would play San Diego in the first and meet the winner of Vandy and Villanova. Don't know if that's bad or good for a second round game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Well, I think we should just let the Tar Babies play in the Dean Dome through the first two weekends. It's gonna be the same as them playing in Raleigh and Charlotte. Seriously. Can anyone name me a bigger home court-type advantage than the one UNC will have this year?
    Actually, Duke has a pretty good history in Detroit so that would be fine by me. The state of North Carolina has too many feeble-minded citizens to allow them to ponder more than one variable at a time so like the song says to hell with 'em and I don't care if you say it outside church, inside church or next door at the saloon.
    And, of course, none of our NC DBR'ers are to take offense. You are all far superior to your neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetHurleyFan View Post
    Interesting comment about this years heels being run out of gym by 2004 team...tell me why you think that, that the 2004 team would run this 31-2 team out of the gym....quick glance at match-ups and sorry, I just dont see it....

This is a very good, balanced Carolina team that wins the close games, period.
    Not only do I think the 2004 team would run this one out of the gym, but I'm extremely confident the 2001 and 1999 teams would run this one out of the gym. But since we can't line them up and have them play, it's just speculation all the way around.

On another note, can someone please put a muzzle on Stuart Scott. He's so full of himself today it's not even funny. Hating Carolina never felt better, and I'm convinced they and their fans need a double portion of humble pie.

Where are the Detroit games, anyway? There are like four or five possible venues. (Is the Silverdome still there?)

2004 Duke would get a ten-point lead up on 2008 unc with six minutes to go, then lose. 2001 and 1999 Duke would kick the crap out of the Heels. 2006 Duke would beat unc pretty handily too, with JJ going for 35 or so. 2002 Duke would suffer the same fate as the 2004 team.

2005 unc would beat 2008 unc, unless the 2005 team were coached by Doh (after all, they were Doh's players).

If UNC is #1 in the s-curve, they're supposed to get the weakest #2.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Where are the Detroit games, anyway? There are like four or five possible venues. (Is the Silverdome still there?)
    Ford Field. This will also be the site of the Final Four next year.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    2006 Duke would beat unc pretty handily too, with JJ going for 35 or so.
    Um, really? Unless you think the 2006 version of the heels was also handily better than this year's version.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke