View Poll Results: Who will win the West Region?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCLA

54 38.57%
  • Duke

80 57.14%
  • Xavier

0 0%
  • UConn

2 1.43%
  • Drake

2 1.43%
  • Purdue

1 0.71%
  • West Virginia

0 0%
  • BYU

0 0%
  • Texas A&M

1 0.71%
  • Arizona

0 0%
  • Baylor

0 0%
  • WKy, San Diego, Georgia, Belmont, Miss Valley St

0 0%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Memo to Seth Davis:

82-58

Overall I like our placement a lot.

Come to papa!

(Already have tickets for DC. Couldn't be more excited).

I'm thrilled. This worked out about as well as it could have. We have to play well, obviously, or that won't matter. But from a matchup perspective, I'm happy.

Decent

It turned out well for us. A possible second round matchup with either WVU or Arizona, then a looming matchup with Xavier - we went to the final four the last time with played them in the tournament, right?

Has an SEC team EVER been seeded as low as Georgia?

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Whew!

Wow, I think we got the most that we could have hoped for, and I have been wanting UCLA all year. I think we got gifted.

I would hate to be a UNC fan now..#1 seed, ha! They got the shaft, that is one ugly lookin bracket. Go HOOSIERS, and if not, go VOLS!..lol!

I'm very surpised to hear Seth say he didn't think Duke deserved their seed. They went 27-5 and 13-3 in the ACC. Are you kidding me? I'm still surprised we weren't a 2 seed.

Duke's bracket is good but they'll have their hands full. Either West Virginia or the enigmatic Arizona are more than capable of beating Duke in the 2nd round. While Duke will and should be the favorite against either team, they'll have a challenging road, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    Memo to Seth Davis:

82-58

that game was months ago. wisky has played 10 straight. But it looks like the committee gave us a ton of credit for what we did the first three months of the season. Good for us.

Considering the circumstances, I don't think we can be in any way disappointed with our fate this march.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I'm very surpised to hear Seth say he didn't think Duke deserved their seed. They went 27-5 and 13-3 in the ACC. Are you kidding me? I'm still surprised we weren't a 2 seed.

Duke's bracket is good but they'll have their hands full. Either West Virginia or the enigmatic Arizona are more than capable of beating Duke in the 2nd round. While Duke will and should be the favorite against either team, they'll have a challenging road, no doubt.
    actually, what he said was he was surprised to see us get the 2 seed ahead of wisconsin.

10. Agree. I was actually hoping we wouldn't end out in Charlotte. DC has a strong Pro-Duke base (esp since there won't be many Terrapins around to cheer against us). I'd LOVE another shot at UCon and as good as Xavier is, there are worse match-ups out there in that spot.

I have absolutely no complaints about our seed or about the bracket we are in. If the guys stay healthy, and can hit a few threes, we can so some distance. (That is several ifs, I know).

I ask again...

Who is UCLA's backup point guard? Who is UCLA's backup shooting guard?

I would love to see how they do against Duke pressure.

(Just hoping that WV/Arizona and Xavier don't get in the way)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow, I think we got the most that we could have hoped for, and I have been wanting UCLA all year. I think we got gifted.

I would hate to be a UNC fan now..#1 seed, ha! They got the shaft, that is one ugly lookin bracket. Go HOOSIERS, and if not, go VOLS!..lol!
    Why do you want Ucla? I think that's a horrendous matchup for us. It would be nice to beat them but they're not on my list of teams I think we'd fare well against.

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    actually, what he said was he was surprised to see us get the 2 seed ahead of wisconsin.
    This was just a signal for what a joke the committee and the country think the Big 10 is.

Wisconsin won both the regular season and the tournament and got a huge win at Texas, a #2.

What did that get them? A #3 seed. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Why do you want Ucla? I think that's a horrendous matchup for us. It would be nice to beat them but they're not on my list of teams I think we'd fare well against.
    I didn't want UCLA. I've thought they were the best team for most of the season.

Because they have absolutely no guard depth. NONE.

Yes, they are loaded up front with Love and company, but you got to play somebody to get to the final four. Did you think they just handout final fours?

If not UCLA, do you think we match up better with Kansas or Memphis?

Duke's Chances

I think that there are 7 teams or more that are capable of winning the whole thing, which includes us. My hope was that we wouldn't have to face any of those other teams until as late in the tournament as possible. If we want to win this thing, we are going to have to face at least two teams that I think are better than us. That being said, I really like our chances to make it to San Antonio.

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

Can the media blow any more smoke into the 'holes? Showing Paulus getting dunked over in Cameron during their hosannas to the nasty light blue? That's the best clip they can come up with? What about Tbangs dance, that was far more entertaining.

But anyway, DC looking pretty darned good. Not too bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    This was just a signal for what a joke the committee and the country think the Big 10 is.

Wisconsin won both the regular season and the tournament and got a huge win at Texas, a #2.

Let's see, the Big Ten got four bids. Certainly not a banner year.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post

Big 10 and or, Big Eleventy....yawn.