View Poll Results: Who will win the West Region?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCLA

54 38.57%
  • Duke

80 57.14%
  • Xavier

0 0%
  • UConn

2 1.43%
  • Drake

2 1.43%
  • Purdue

1 0.71%
  • West Virginia

0 0%
  • BYU

0 0%
  • Texas A&M

1 0.71%
  • Arizona

0 0%
  • Baylor

0 0%
  • WKy, San Diego, Georgia, Belmont, Miss Valley St

0 0%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I can't believe Gaines actually leads Georgia in points,assts,rebs&steals. That's just stoopid! You have to go to a "Jordan rules" defense against Uga down the stretch, right?

and Wow! what a layup by Brown!

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    CAN WE STOP THE JINXING PLEASE?

Nothing annoys me more than posts like "Xavier's down 11,they're going to lose!" when there's 15 minutes left. Seriously!
    -As i said. Seriously.

ALso, Georrgia's just dead. Lavendar basically just drove in unchallenged.

EDIT: Look at the free throw totals...and people say we get officiating. </sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Yikes. Xavier does look really solid. Big *if* I know, but if we face up with them I can see why we'd be the underdogs even though we are seeded higher.

Gary

I think some zone would be in order for us against Xavier, of course I'm basing this on nothing but what i've seen today and 1 other game from before January, so my opinion isn't all that informed yet.

JUMP? How was that not a foul? Jeez, talk about terrible officiating.

Note: this is awful broadcasting. Previously a Georgia player got called for a foul
    wanted a clean block, and replay showed a clean block.

The commentators go :"he wanted a clean block" *sees the replay* *silence*

So bad.

Not that Georgia was going to win (and it's not over as I type this), but they have had a couple of tough calls go against them, including a great block of a breakaway. If Xavier wins this thing by only a couple of points I'm going to be sick.

Gary

P.S. I agree with loran16. I kinda got the vibe that the announcers were pulling for Xavier more so than Georgia. Not blatant or anything, but when either team would score they seemed much more animated with a Xavier bucket. A big "Yes!!!" each time.

JUMP? How was that not a foul? Jesus christ, talk about terrible officiating.

Note: this is awful broadcasting. Previously a Georgia player got called for a foul
    wanted a clean block, and replay showed a clean block.

The commentators go :"he wanted a clean block" *sees the replay* *silence*

So bad.

that jumpball call was an eye-opener. Ugh, I hope the officials don't become a story. So far, I don't think they are.

Game over. i dont understand the Georgia strategy at the end. It was just like they were fouling with no strategy whatsoever. Ugh.

And people say this Xavier team is going to beat us and UCLA? Ridiculous.

Xavier had an awful lot of help from the black and white at the end of the game.

And people say this Xavier team is going to beat us and UCLA? Ridiculous.
    I have gone on record as saying Duke will emerge victorious out of this West Region, but I'm not about to down this Xavier team. They were the superior team today and their defense was flat out fantastic. Looks like a real threat to me. Nevertheless, they did get the benefit of several bad calls in the last 4 minutes of the game.

When X was down and the offense didn't look so good they picked up the defense. And it worked.

Free throw shooting

Xavier made 81.8% of their free throws. Shooting over 80% as a team is impressive.
    Bob Green

Yeah, that too. Although they did miss early.

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Yeah, that too. Although they did miss early.
    Xavier made 27 of 33 attempts. After starting 2 of 6, they made 25 of 27 the rest of the way. My point being, if we end up playing Xavier in the Sweet 16, we need to limit their trips to the charity stripe.
    Bob Green

I don't know what we'd do if we wind up facing Purdue: they're basically a poor man's Duke. They turn you over on defense, have half a dozen guys who can shoot, and execute their offense really well.

More "Duke's going down" chatter:

No Country for Coach K

Having seen the movie, I thought this was pretty funny at least. Where is Carla Jean, I wonder?

Unhappy Home court advantage

I was mulling over the possibility of Phoenix (if we were to make it into next weekend) being a sort of "Meadowlands out West" for Duke, with Grant Hill and Mike D'Antoni sitting behind the Duke bench, getting the crowd on the Blue Devil's side. Unfortunately, checking the Sun's schedule, it looks like they'll be in the middle of an East coast road trip at the time. It makes sense that they'll be away, since they don't want to be be playing NBA games with the tourney in town, but I thought maybe the team would be close by enough for those two guys to fly home and sit behind the Duke bench in between their pro games.

Oh well...

I would hope that Arizona wins tonight as while they are very talented they don't play up to their potential. Playing West Virginia with the way they have been playing could be a dangerous game.

I wouldn't want to play Xavier as they have a number of good players who can beat you. Remember back in 04 when we had a great team and still barely beat Xavier.

Remember Ohio State with Greg Oden last year took a last second shot by Lewis to beat Xavier in the second year.

west

can i change my vote based on tonight's game?