Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm not asking for help BUT

Working at WVU but being a Dukie has been HE-doublehockiesticks all day, starting with calls last night. We had better win tomorrow or I may as well...you know.

I can't handle it. All my students and WVU friends are coming to watch the game at my house. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO? I'm watching in my bedroom, they are watching in my tv room. I can't do it. Go away!

I'm drinking too much.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Working at WVU but being a Dukie has been HE-doublehockiesticks all day, starting with calls last night. We had better win tomorrow or I may as well...you know.

I can't handle it. All my students and WVU friends are coming to watch the game at my house. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO? I'm watching in my bedroom, they are watching in my tv room. I can't do it. Go away!

I'm drinking too much.
    Uninvite the Heathens!

WOW. Thank you for posting. My neighbor is a UNC/WVU fan (isn't that a bad combination) and he has all his friends coming over. I'm choosing to just smile at him everytime he starts trash talking Duke. The old notion of taking the high road...but then he's not in my house!

I'm drinking too much.
    Isn't there a bar you can go to rather than having to relegate yourself to the bedroom?

I'm with Indoor66, UNINVITE THE HEATHENS!!!

Good luck tomorrow.

Tell them, just by Duke affliation, you also got the flu and not up for company.

Wow, you seriously need to adjust your priorities. In no circumstances should courtesy subject you to such indignity.

I was unaware that WVU was our rival.

The WVU people I know (which includes my boss) are generally nice. They are not necessarily UNC fans or Duke haters or even non-rival Maryland fans. Just watch the game with them and compliment their team on their fine play.

Hopefully, after we beat them, we can tell them how much we respect their valiant losing effort.

ricks

Oh, by the way----you haven't been acting in an un-Duke like way towards WVU for a while leading up to this possible confrontation by being arrogant and obnoxious about our great basketball team, have you?

If you have, then you are in the "what goes around comes around" situation, and unfortunately deserve what you are going to get. So, please do not gloat when we win. Make up for your bad behavior by being gracious in victory, please.

ricks

I'm watching in my bedroom, they are watching in my tv room.
    You don't happen to have a couch in your tv room, do you?

Course at Duke

Maybe too late now, but I remember taking a course at Duke called, "Sports Rivals and Enemies: How to Deal With Them", or something like that. One thing that was emphasized over and over was to, "never invite your sports rivals into your home no matter what, etc." I am assuming that you did not take that course?

Another great course was titled, "1001 Ways to Really Fix UNC Fans."

If you know some people with cats, just borrow their (well-used) cat litter boxes, and scatter them around the TV room. Your "friends" will probably find another place to watch the game.

Wink If Duke loses, give your students an unannounced exam next week

Save the good drinks for the Crazies. Be sure that your WVU friends have a few of the beers in the "Ycch ... Beer" thread.

Whoops ... no one's started that thread yet.

Immediate suggestion: call up whoever else at WVU shares Duke loyalties.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Oh, by the way----you haven't been acting in an un-Duke like way towards WVU for a while leading up to this possible confrontation by being arrogant and obnoxious about our great basketball team, have you?
    Yes. Yes, I have...since I moved here in 1995.
    ~rthomas

Today in Morgantown WV

My Duke flag is waving proudly. Go Duke!
    ~rthomas

You should post a pic!

Post My favorite thing about Morgantown . . .

Morgantown always reminds me of this:

One trick is to tell em stories that don’t go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. “Give me five bees for a quarter,” you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…
    That makes me happy.

Man, you are a Simpson's repository...

Nice! I wore a Duke shirt to work here in Madison on the day of the Wisconsin game (and that turned out well). The stakes are a bit higher now - so I salute you.

Oh Oh!

You don't have any ancestors from UNC or Maryland, do you? If you do, maybe you could just explain that to your "friends" before the game and it might temper their wrath. Or maybe you can get out of it by us just plain kicking their butts.

Methinks you should hope for the latter.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Nice! I wore a Duke shirt to work here in Madison on the day of the Wisconsin game (and that turned out well). The stakes are a bit higher now - so I salute you.
    For those who are about the die... we salute you!!