Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ACCT Final

a lot of people in a hurry to sell (business meetings, kids sick, etc...) really don't take the time to ask what team you root for when selling tickets... and if they do - if your a UNC fan trying to score a seat in the middle of the iron dukes - you tell a little white lie! maybe we should request a full wardrobe inspection before sales are final on tickets!

i suggest you just cheer extra loud and hush them out - leave the whining to the Tar Heels.

in a perfect world - everyone would use dbr's ticket exchange forum.

Out of curiosity, what do you do with your tickets now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I wonder if the UNC Thought Police (a.k.a., Charlotte ushers) will allow the Tigers to yell GTHC, GTH!

Although I am mad at the loss today, I will pull for Klemnop!
    The ushers didn't ban fans from saying GTHC did they? If so, I totally missed it. But I will be there tomorrow cheering for klempson!

Scalpers were selling today's tickets for prices through the roof. Face was $70 for the session (both games)...they were going anywhere between $175 and $500 per seat! Apparently quite a few arrests were made this morning, probably because the prices went ridiculously high. Good! I try as much as possible to buy and sell from real fans, and I usually get the best deals that way and feel best about not supporting the scalping industry, argh!

Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    Go to the game and root for Clemson. 9F

Go to the game and root hard thusly

Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    GO TIGERS! 9F!
    GO TIGERS! 9F!
    GO TIGERS! 9F!
    GO TIGERS! 9F!
    GO TIGERS! 9F!
    GO TIGERS! 9F!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I sold them to a Clemson fan for face value after being offered much much more by a number of light blue fans as I left the building with my son.

I think if you are fortunate enough to obtain ACC tickets, you don't sell them casually at the water fountain. You call other Duke fans, or call the Duke ticket office or ID office, or post them on DBR.

Maybe I should post the exact seat I'm referring to....nah...I'll just let the ID office know.

If you contribute enough money to the Iron Dukes (15 grand this year) to be eligible for tournament tickets you should be able to sell them to anyone you want!

radio stations for the final?

We are (sadly) going to be driving between Charlotte and Atlanta today during the tourney final instead of being firmly planted in front of a TV. I haven't had any luck finding links to radio stations which will broadcasting the games, particularly around Greenville SC. If anyone is local there, or has info, would you please post stations that have the game? I'm sure it won't be hard around Charlotte, but on our trip up on Thursday, there seemed to be a big radio hole in SC. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    If you contribute enough money to the Iron Dukes (15 grand this year) to be eligible for tournament tickets you should be able to sell them to anyone you want!
    Of course, but if you are a Duke supporter and able to contribute $15,000+ to the Iron Dukes, is it worth it to sell your tickets in the middle of the Duke section (or anywhere in the arena for that matter) to unc fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Lid View Post
    We are (sadly) going to be driving between Charlotte and Atlanta today during the tourney final instead of being firmly planted in front of a TV. I haven't had any luck finding links to radio stations which will broadcasting the games, particularly around Greenville SC. If anyone is local there, or has info, would you please post stations that have the game? I'm sure it won't be hard around Charlotte, but on our trip up on Thursday, there seemed to be a big radio hole in SC. Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure the Clemson radio network will be broadcasting the game, and you should certainly be able to pick that up around Greenville. I would think that the GT station in Atlanta would also have the game.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

HANSBROUGH vs. The Ping Pong Ball

Now, you have to admit that was pretty funny!

Espn

The championship game has been blacked out in So. Fla. I want to pitch my remote control through the television. I am so aggravated. I wasn't able to see the Duke game yesterday either for the same reason. I am, however, watching on espn 360. What's with the opera? It's annoying.

they must think y'all are in a raycom network area. call your cable provider and raise hell.

I realized after I posted this that it wouldn't make sense to anyone who hadn't seen the ESPN pre-game show. They played a clip of Hansbrough playing a game of ping-pong with a friend. The person who scores the first 2 points gets to throw the ping-pong ball at the other players bare chest - that player has to pull his shirt over his head to bare his chest. Hansbrough admitted that it was embarrassing to be the one who gets hit because it leaves a welt and kind of hurts. Not as funny in the retelling, but the clip made me giggle and I haven't felt much like giggling since yesterday.

You're probably are in Raycom territory. Check it out here: http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...031108aac.html Although perhaps you're in an area that is only on ACC Select and ESPN Full Court, so you might not get those.

In my area, it was pretty strange. I watched the first 10 min of the game on ESPN, which was supposed to be blacked out, and then all of a sudden ESPNEWS came on. So, I changed to Raycom at that point...
    Last edited by Bluedog; 03-16-2008 at 02:16 PM.

10:27 left and Carolina just got away with one of the most ridiculous fouls you will ever see as Stephenson falls into Mays and knocks Mays down and the ref says, "out of bounds on Clemson. Carolina ball."

If we come back from break and Oliver Purnell's head is splattered all over the floor, now you will know why. I'd be going insane if I was him.

--Jason "this Clemson team is prtty darn good-- though they are not playing as well as they did yesterday" Evans

Clemson is not hitting the shots they were yesterday. Why couldn't they play like this yesterday. Damn, Clemson!

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Clemson is not hitting the shots they were yesterday. Why couldn't they play like this yesterday. Damn, Clemson!
    Don't tell me you really expected otherwise. This is UNC we are talking about. King of the "gimmes". There is no team in the history of college basketball that has worked less to have so much. Not even a close second. Everyone either lays down for them from the start or just plain screws up at the end of game and gives it away.

To be fair, Carolina is a great team. They put a lot of pressure on opponents because they just keep scoring, especially with Lawson getting his wheels back. Clemson may not be playing as well but much of that (all of that?) is because UNC puts so much pressure on them.