Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACCT Final

ACCT Final

Beat the hell out of Carolina!
    ~rthomas

Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Won't happen.
    Yea, but I'm pulling for them. Go to Hell Carolina! And I'm now gettting drunk.
    ~rthomas

Hoping for Carolina misery just isn't the same as winning...

Thumbs up

I wonder if the UNC Thought Police (a.k.a., Charlotte ushers) will allow the Tigers to yell GTHC, GTH!

Although I am mad at the loss today, I will pull for Klemnop!

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Won't happen.
    They almost pulled it off twice in the regular season. UNC did not look sharp today.

I say if Clemson can continue to make free throws, they will beat UNC.

I hope they win too, but I won't be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Yea, but I'm pulling for them. Go to Hell Carolina! And I'm now gettting drunk.
    I just downed a beer, going for the liquor cabinet.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    I hope they win too, but I won't be watching.
    Ditto. I've had enough basketball-related agony in the last week.

I'll admit that I will check the score on occasion and if Clemson has a shot then I will watch the ending.

Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Beat the hell out of Carolina!
    As much as I would love that to happen- it will not. Clemson will not play like this two days in a row. They may have a lead again- but I don't expect them to make their throws like they did tonight. UNC has been excellent in close games and I expect this to be no different. UNC had their scare today- they will win - probably by 8 or 10.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    As much as I would love that to happen- it will not. Clemson will not play like this two days in a row. They may have a lead again- but I don't expect them to make their throws like they did tonight. UNC has been excellent in close games and I expect this to be no different. UNC had their scare today- they will win - probably by 8 or 10.
    Two days? Try three.

I was at today's game (great except the final score). Clemson looked really good, and come on, if we aren't in the game, don't you want to pull for someone who hasn't even been to the finals in 46 years! Go Clemson!

Angry UNC fans using Duke tickets

I know I am irritable after today's loss. Congrats to Clemson for a well-played game. But i am so tired of going to ACC tournaments and Carolina fans being right in the heart of the Duke section, cheering not just for Carolina (which is obnoxious but understandable) but also so loudly against Duke. And not for just one game, but for the entire tournament.

Who are these Duke fans, presumably fellow Iron Dukes, who sell their tickets to Carolina fans? Why not sell or give away the tickets to a known Duke fan? Should I report the seats to the ID office?

I am really sick of this, and wonder if others feel the same. It ruins an otherwise fun experience for many people. And yes, i am irritable, so be careful provoking me further....

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'll admit that I will check the score on occasion and if Clemson has a shot then I will watch the ending.
    That'll probably be my strategy too. No way Klempson even hits 50% of their FTs tomorrow vs. UNC. There is just too much history for Klempson to beat the holes.

And YmoBeThere, I disagree with your prior post. Carolina misery IS as good as a Duke win. I'd rather take a Duke win, but a Carolina loss is a close second!

Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I know I am irritable after today's loss. Congrats to Clemson for a well-played game. But i am so tired of going to ACC tournaments and Carolina fans being right in the heart of the Duke section, cheering not just for Carolina (which is obnoxious but understandable) but also so loudly against Duke. And not for just one game, but for the entire tournament.

Who are these Duke fans, presumably fellow Iron Dukes, who sell their tickets to Carolina fans? Why not sell or give away the tickets to a known Duke fan? Should I report the seats to the ID office?

I am really sick of this, and wonder if others feel the same. It ruins an otherwise fun experience for many people. And yes, i am irritable, so be careful provoking me further....
    Yes, you should report this. It is wrong and those people should be punished.
    The Gordog

It was definitely a Carolina crowd today--didn't matter where you were sitting. I had a good view of the Duke section, and it looked all Duke blue to me, unlike the entire rest of the arena! Sadly, I'm sure the scalpers help with this. And although there are always scalpers, it sure seemed worse this tourney.

Hear Hear. My section had waaaay too much light blue. It was very upsetting.

Unfortunately it's only going to get worse tomorrow.

They don't call Charlotte "chapel hill west" for nothing. For the record, I would never, ever sell or give my ticket to a hole. No amount of money would be worth it to me. GTHC.

Agreed, I would rather eat a cactus and swallow it with battery acid then sell my tickets to a Tar Heel. This is just down right wrong if you ask me.