It's always nice to be mentioned

From the front page of ESPN right now, "Gophers' Laettner-esque shot shocks Indiana" is the link title for this article.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    From the front page of ESPN right now, "Gophers' Laettner-esque shot shocks Indiana" is the link title for this article.
    Not only was Laettner's shot mentioned, but the ACC also got this reference:
    "I just chucked it to their general direction and he caught it," Busch said. "I was thinking to myself, 'Hey, he can make this.' I started running and I was like 'Oh my God, he did it.' I went nuts. I was like Jim Valvano looking for someone to hug."
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Dakich Done-- Dick Does Da Gen'Dral Diatribe Drone

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    There's no way that Dan Dakich was coming back as head coach next year for Indiana, even before this loss, but this seals it-- they will be looking in the off-season for Sampson's replacement-- and Vitale will be agitating for the IU administration (now new and different than the ones who fired Knight) to re-hire Knight because "he's still got ten more good years left in him-- he's got plenty left in the tank!"

Up till now, Vitale has been pushing for Knight to get the job at South Carolina, ever since former Wake coach, Dave Odom, announced his end-of-season retirement, on the premise that USC was a sleeping giant (Vitale might be right about that-- USC is not the bad job that DBR wants to label it, which is just a reflection of DBR's still lingering bitterness over USC leaving the ACC-- get over it already!), and that USC was the best job with the best potential of known availabilities for next year.

Certainly, Spurrier is showing what a really good coach can do at USC, but I could not imagine Knight going there (but then, I never expected him to surface at Texas Tech, either-- that was a relationship thing with TT's AD-- so, maybe if Knight does re-emerge, it will be somewhere else where he has a good relationship with an AD). Personally, I think Knight is done, and will stay retired.

I don't see why Coach Knight wouldn't at least take a year off. I mean, he was tired of the grind at TTU, so it seems unlikely that he would all of a sudden take another job for next season. Plus, there'd probably be some contractual issues with TTU. I agree that most likely, the man's just retired retired. Not retired but coming back.