No thread on the end of UNC/FSU game?

Really? Nobody wants to talk about Roy "introducing" Tyler to the referee with 30 seconds left in the game while the ball is in play to make his point that Tyler wasn't getting proper protection from the referees?

I didn't get to see it. I only heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    Really? Nobody wants to talk about Roy "introducing" Tyler to the referee with 30 seconds left in the game while the ball is in play to make his point that Tyler wasn't getting proper protection from the referees?
    Wow. That's kind of funny. 2 points to Roy for cleverness in whining to officials (but -10 for doing it while the ball is in play).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

It would be interesting to know what was said. I'm careful about depending on Billy Packer's interpretation.

I'd also love to know what was said between Williams and Hamilton as they were shaking hands. It didn't appear to be hostile, but it was a long conversation by end of game walk-by standards.

I always enjoyed Bob Knight stories of things he would say to referees. Being clever is so much better than just screaming and stomping. However, rivalry aside, this was one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen ...

1) Completely showed up the officials in the most visible way possible
    2) Up by 12 with less than a minute to go is not the time or place to make your point regarding the officiating. In my opinion, this completely showed up Florida State as well.
    3) The whole thing just screamed "hey look at me" and I'm so glad they didn't give him a technical to help his cause in bringing attention to himself.

For the fourth time in the past two weeks, something has happened that makes me very glad he's not our coach.

Regardless of what was said ... it was clear that he was showing up the officials in the final seconds of a game that had been hotly contested but was clearly in hand. That's unacceptable at that moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    It would be interesting to know what was said. I'm careful about depending on Billy Packer's interpretation.
    Probably something about being solidly untracked.

Video?

It's too bad FSU and UNC do not play again this season. It could get real interesting. The info I have comes from an email from a UNC fan at the game, so take it with a grain of salt given his bias.

He said that words were exchanged between the FSU bench and Hansbrough. My friend thought it was with Hamilton but he says some others say that it was either Reid or at least started with Reid.

Then when UNC had the next possession Williams called Hansbrough over and evidently asked him what was going on. Then Williams waved to motion for his team to start moving the ball.

When the game was over, as we saw, my friend said Roy and Hamilton had a long conversation. Said they did not look angry but neither one looked convinced by whatever the other one had to say.

So there's what I heard, or read, for whatever it may be worth.

It reminds me of the old days when guys like Smith, Drisell, Sloan and Holland were around.

That certainly explains the heated conversation between Williams and the two referees on his side of the court. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    It's too bad FSU and UNC do not play again this season. It could get real interesting. The info I have comes from an email from a UNC fan at the game, so take it with a grain of salt given his bias.

He said that words were exchanged between the FSU bench and Hansbrough. My friend thought it was with Hamilton but he says some others say that it was either Reid or at least started with Reid.

Then when UNC had the next possession Williams called Hansbrough over and evidently asked him what was going on. Then Williams waved to motion for his team to start moving the ball.

When the game was over, as we saw, my friend said Roy and Hamilton had a long conversation. Said they did not look angry but neither one looked convinced by whatever the other one had to say.

So there's what I heard, or read, for whatever it may be worth.

It reminds me of the old days when guys like Smith, Drisell, Sloan and Holland were around.

N&O blog seems to confirm the account emailed to me.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...pb=1#more16564

For those of you who are Bomani Jones haters...

On Bomani's program this morning on 850TheBuzz he had a long rant about an incident I missed at the UNC-FSU game. Apparently during warm-ups Ole Roy called TyBaby over and introduced him to one of the refs working that game. I guess the idea was "Here's my boy Tyler. He gets fouled a lot. He WILL go to the foul line in this game."

Bomani thought it was a bush league move, said it wasn't any better than Coach K's alleged abuse of refs, etc. He was hot about it.

I have always thought Bomani's schtick was just that, including some of the stuff that makes him sound like he didn't finish middle school. I've always cut him some slack. It was pretty cool this morning to hear him criticizing Mr. Dadgumit this morning.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!
    "Goddess of wisdom"

Is Bomani any more likely to be right about that than Packer was about the end game incident? This is starting to sound like one of the urban legend events other teams are always trying to blame on the Crazies. lol