Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I know it sounds so trite, but really, it's just about hitting shots. If we lose focus for the length of time we did against GT, Clemson will roll over us. But if we have a good shooting game and don't wander mentally, we can take advantage of a stretch of the game where Clemson's offense sputters, and it usually does a couple of times a game.

Clemson looked like a monster team versus BC!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I guess BC spent everything on MD. Or MD was really bad.

-jk
    Ok, this will be a true challenge for Duke. We are going to have to keep our bigs out of foul trouble and we are going to have to hit our 3 balls today. If we're shooting well, I don't worry about any type of paint disadvantage.

LET'S GO DUKE!

dth.

Duke-clemson

I'm gonna go with our mod from the Far East on this one as he nailed the Duke-gt margin. What say you, Mr. Green, thou great prognosticator from another time zone far, far away?

Quote Originally Posted by dukestheheat View Post
    Ok, this will be a true challenge for Duke. We are going to have to keep our bigs out of foul trouble and we are going to have to hit our 3 balls today. If we're shooting well, I don't worry about any type of paint disadvantage.

LET'S GO DUKE!

dth.
    I could not agree with you more. We have to stay out of foul trouble. Our guys have to shoot well today and get those 3 pointers in the net. If last nights game was any indication then I think we will do OK, but they are going to have to shoot as well, if not better to stay ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Barely squeaked out a win? We were up 10ish for a while in the first half, and then after Clemson made a run, went up by about 15 and maintained about that cushion the rest of the way. The outcome was never in doubt. I would hardly call that squeaking out a win. In fact, I would say it was one of our better wins of the season.
    You're right, I didn't realize we won by 13. But the game seemed a lot closer than the score might indicate. I remember that game being a close one.

Unc

While I of course will be pulling hard as always when Duke plays Clemson in a few minutes. After watching UNC pi54 out their 1000th carrer squeeker against VT (all VT had to do was grab a lousy rebound and the game goes OT!) I have to say Clemson probably will be playing as hard as we have ever seen them today. UNC was lucky as (insert your own curse word) to beat the tigers not just once but twice. I have a feeling Clemson wants UNC one more time, and in both previous games Clemson gave the heels all they wanted and more. And IMO should have won.

My hope is whomever wins between Duke and Clemson they get their rest and are primed for the heels tomorrow. Go Duke, Go To Hell Carolina. But if Duke can't do it today go tigers. They probably match up better against UNC than Duke does. Besides they have never won an ACC tourney.

I can't remember seeing Duke have this much trouble with a press all year. In fact I can't remember them having this much trouble with a press in many, many years.

If you Live in the Charlotte Area You are Mad

I completely understand CBS having to show, Tornado Warnings and go on and on about Pressure and Super Cells and other things the average person doesn't understand. However, do we not have the technology to at least show a little tiny box in the bottom of the screen. Maybe it is ilegal for them to do this, I just know I am frustrated. I want people to be save but the weather has now been on for 35 mins since tip off.

riddle me this

why does greg paulus when trying to break a press go to the corner everytime and pick up his dribble? is there not anyone on our team, our coaching staff, or at Duke University who could tell him that fundemental basketball includes not making this same mistake...constantly!!!!!! How can we be in March and Paulus be a junior and not know this?

secondly singler throw the ball to people with our color jerseys on, thank you.

WBTV Sucks

It's nice to hear/see the same thing 15/20 times. I know it's important to be informed but they didn't have any new info. I thought it was funny when they said to stop calling the station about wanting to watch the game. Its tough coming into the game with 4 mins left. Let's go Devils!

why does greg paulus when trying to break a press go to the corner everytime and pick up his dribble? is there not anyone on our team, our coaching staff, or at Duke University who could tell him that fundemental basketball includes not making this same mistake...constantly!!!!!! How can we be in March and Paulus be a junior and not know this?

secondly singler throw the ball to people with our color jerseys on, thank you.
    Interesting that you're criticizing Greg since, if it weren't for him, we'd be down 10 right now...

Zoubek has played a solid first half with 4 points and 4 rebounds. On defense he has altered some shots.

Paulus is carrying us as far as scoring goes.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm gonna go with our mod from the Far East on this one as he nailed the Duke-gt margin. What say you, Mr. Green, thou great prognosticator from another time zone far, far away?
    On a different site, I predicted a 3 point Duke victory.

Edit: actually, I predicted it on DBR. See Post #8 in this thread.
    Bob Green

scoring

Other than Paulus, the remaining four starters are 3-11, with 6 points. They are going to have to step it up or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Interesting that you're criticizing Greg since, if it weren't for him, we'd be down 10 right now...
    QFFT

Not so good, but we have a lead at half

Nothing from Singler and Henderson and Nelson has almost nothing with turnovers. All are missing open shots. We are jacking up quick shots and are having some difficulty with the ball traps. Zoubek is playing much better in the post than the others.

We need to work for shots and then the guys have to make them. Paulus has been big and Scheyer has played well with 5 points and he has made a number of excellent passes. Some were definitely assists. He is diving on the floor and laying all out.

Our defense with Singler and Thomas inside hasn't worked out. They aren't stong enough to contain their man inside so the double team has left a Clemson man wide open. Zoubek seems more able to handle the inside one on one and we haven't looked as weak.

Seems like a lot of Kyle's threes are coming up short. Surely he's not tired after not playing much last night. I'm not sure what the problem is, but seems like many of the guys outside shots are short more so than off to the left or right. Scheyer and Nelson's threes are coming up short too. I just don't understand this.

And we are still struggling mightily with the press early in the second half.

Wbtv

Quote Originally Posted by pugtugdoz View Post
    It's nice to hear/see the same thing 15/20 times. I know it's important to be informed but they didn't have any new info. I thought it was funny when they said to stop calling the station about wanting to watch the game. Its tough coming into the game with 4 mins left. Let's go Devils!

Interesting concern for our safety... While the same storm, with tornado warnings in Union county, went through the area, the UNC game was never interrupted except for the crawler. Clemson and Duke came on and we were bombarded with the same information over and over. Surely, they could have shifted the game to a sister station or split the screen, i.e. PIP.

Who is the ding dong stumbling on every word? Geesh, he keeps repeating himself. I am on radio now. Ridiculous WRAL!

wral finally doubled up on the digital channels so the game is uninterrupted while the weather guy rambles on trying to show different views that he can't seem to pull up
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC