Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    why is this not pegged anymore? It is my link to the brackets and the password?
    No, probably just cause sign-ups are over.

I have a feeling I won't be able to brag after the current set of games are over, so I want to get it in now.

What what?! All but one pick.

And before anyone says anything, no, I don't know why I picked Winthrop over Wash state.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    I don't know why I picked Winthrop over Wash state.
    Oh good, I wasn't the only one. I just need WSU to bow out tomorrow or my bracket will be FUBAR.

I am pretty pleased that my faith in the Hilltoppers (frankly, I love their mascot) was rewarded!

That UConn loss really helped me. I don't think there's anyone who picked either Western Kentucky or San Diego into the Sweet 16. I had Drake.

After the first round, "Gamehenge Multibeasts" and wolfpacker are tied for the lead with 27 out of 32 correct picks.

Well done!

Moving this back up top for easier access.

No way!

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    After the first round, "Gamehenge Multibeasts" and wolfpacker are tied for the lead with 27 out of 32 correct picks.

Well done!
    74Wolfpacker is my dad! Everyone should give him a hard time because he graduated from N.C. State & because he picked Carolina to win it all!!!! However, since he picked UNC, his bracket will soon fall apart. Don't hold it against him, he's more loyal to Duke than the school he graduated from.

DevilDownUnder Deserves Credit!

While I will end up winning the whole thing (look at the brackets), I must say "Holy Cow!"

DevilDownUnder predicted Davidson to beat Wisconsin in the tournament.

I bow to that.

That's really a great call and deserves some praise.

DevilDownUnder also has Memphis in the Final Four, which is a huge mistake, but that Davidson/Wisconsin pick blows me away; I have to admit it.

KUDOS DevilDownUnder!

-Mr. EarlJam

That Memphis pick isn't much of a mistake right now...up by 30 on Michigan Snake at the half...

I do think they will lose to Texas on Sunday...but they aren't losing tonight.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    That Memphis pick isn't much of a mistake right now...up by 30 on Michigan Snake at the half...

I do think they will lose to Texas on Sunday...but they aren't losing tonight.
    Man, agreed. The strategy against Memphis (a poor man's UNLV of '08) is to keep it within 10 with five minutes left. A close game in the end and they WILL lose.

But give them a 30+ point lead and their poor free-throw shooting doesn't matter. Geesh. Michigan State is totally letting them off the hook.

-Mr. EarlJam

Whenever I think of Memphis and free throw shooting (or lack of) I can't help but think of Darius Washington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-cql...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by kydevil View Post
    Whenever I think of Memphis and free throw shooting (or lack of) I can't help but think of Darius Washington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-cql...eature=related
    Hey, awesome post and I'm still watching, but did you notice how much he WALKED before that shot went up? Wow! Four steps!

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Hey, awesome post and I'm still watching, but did you notice how much he WALKED before that shot went up? Wow! Four steps!

-EJ
    I actually had not noticed his walk until you mentioned but WOW!

I actually lived in Orlando when Darius went to high school down there and got to watch quite a few of his games, really a pretty good kid. I obviously felt really bad for him; however, did anyone else think he held his form a little long on that first attempt that he made?

Wow. Just watched the rest and remember that now. Poor kid.

I thought, "Great recognition by the announcer" when he said, "Somebody's got to go help that kid." Turns out it was Spanarkel?

What a tough, tough, moment.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    One (Brevity) contains my actual picks, while the other (Purely Chalk) is a mindless depiction of what would happen if the favored team always won.
    My Purely Chalk entry is in 3rd place, and is the highest ranking entry to have UNC win it all. This is not bragging -- I want you all to root hard against this entry. It needs to lose, and lose pathetically. Just because we have an all-chalk Final Four doesn't mean we need all-chalk results.

So cheer on Kansas, who has even more reason to despise Roy "talks with the vocabulary of Abraham Simpson" Williams.

Now, I will brag about my 11th place Brevity entry, which can't win, but should place high.

Exclamation Your basic good news, bad news situation

First, the good news. I am 22nd overall in espn's bracket challenge, but it gets better. I have the entire final four picked. But wait, it gets even better than that, every single one of the 21 people ahead of me has a different outcome for the final four than I do. Bottom line, if Kansas beats UCLA, I am the winner. No matter what the score is. OHMIGOD!

Now, the bad news, because I no longer live in the US, I don't think I'd be eligible for the $10,000 prize.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wink Thank you, and...

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    While I will end up winning the whole thing (look at the brackets), I must say "Holy Cow!"

DevilDownUnder predicted Davidson to beat Wisconsin in the tournament.

I bow to that.

That's really a great call and deserves some praise.

DevilDownUnder also has Memphis in the Final Four, which is a huge mistake, but that Davidson/Wisconsin pick blows me away; I have to admit it.

KUDOS DevilDownUnder!

-Mr. EarlJam
    you were saying about that Memphis pick?

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    First, the good news. I am 22nd overall in espn's bracket challenge, but it gets better. I have the entire final four picked. But wait, it gets even better than that, every single one of the 21 people ahead of me has a different outcome for the final four than I do. Bottom line, if Kansas beats UCLA, I am the winner. No matter what the score is. OHMIGOD!

Now, the bad news, because I no longer live in the US, I don't think I'd be eligible for the $10,000 prize.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Congratulations! I was just talking about being 3rd/11th in our group; I had no idea your 1st place entry was on the national leaderboard.

The rules are pretty clear on the ineligibility of residents outside of the United States and DC, and even excludes Puerto Rico and Florida(!). Maybe you have a relative still in the US, and maybe they used your account. Isn't that what you meant to say? Sure, you were advising them on their homegrown picks, and your 50% consulting fee is contingent on their winning it all.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

That Memphis pick really has turned out to look good. I didn't expect Memphis to get past the Sweet 16, but I don't know if there was a team that looked better over the weekend. I know they're athletic, but when they play tough defense...they make teams look stupid! I'm a little nervous about my UCLA pick right now.

Score on my CBS Sportsline Facebook bracket is 102 which I think is pretty good. Ranked no. 5100