Firefox Cookies help

DBR tech gang - I've been having issues with firefox (v. 2.0.0.12 running on Vista) properly applying cookies. So on this site, for example, despite ticking the "remember me" box when I login, I am in fact not being remembered. I checked my options, and they're set to accept cookies and keep them until they expire. Nonetheless, the "remember me" function isn't working for me. This happens not only on DBR, but on all sites with "remember me" options that I've tried to use. Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    DBR tech gang - I've been having issues with firefox (v. 2.0.0.12 running on Vista) properly applying cookies. So on this site, for example, despite ticking the "remember me" box when I login, I am in fact not being remembered. I checked my options, and they're set to accept cookies and keep them until they expire. Nonetheless, the "remember me" function isn't working for me. This happens not only on DBR, but on all sites with "remember me" options that I've tried to use. Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
    That's very interesting -- I haven't seen anything like that before. I would think maybe it's clearing cookies whenever you close the browser, but you have it set to keep cookies till expiration.

Do you have any privacy protection add ons or 3rd party tools (Ad Aware or the like)? They might be eating your cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    That's very interesting -- I haven't seen anything like that before. I would think maybe it's clearing cookies whenever you close the browser, but you have it set to keep cookies till expiration.

Do you have any privacy protection add ons or 3rd party tools (Ad Aware or the like)? They might be eating your cookies.
    I have two that came with the machine - Spy Sweeper and Trend Micro AntiVirus. any suggestions on how to tell if one of those is eating the cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I have two that came with the machine - Spy Sweeper and Trend Micro AntiVirus. any suggestions on how to tell if one of those is eating the cookies?
    Well, the lazy way is to disable both and see if it gets better. Then reenable each to see which causes the behavior.

Or you could open each up and see whether they are purging cookies. I've never used either so don't know what to tell you to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Well, the lazy way is to disable both and see if it gets better. Then reenable each to see which causes the behavior.

Or you could open each up and see whether they are purging cookies. I've never used either so don't know what to tell you to look for.
    Spy Sweeper was the culprit. It apparently has "shields," one of which blocked tracking cookies. I disabled it, and problem solved. Thanks for the suggestions (and for your post-a-holism).