Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That's the spirit Ozzie. We are going to have to have you say it a bit louder when the brackets are announced here in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Poptart View Post
    I also have to say, after living in Southwest Virginia for a number of years, I think this might be a culture clash, too. It's a very, rural, religious and conservative area. Tech has fans and alumni from other areas, of course, but I could definitely see some of the folks from that area being troubled by "GTHC."
    I don't agree with this at all. I have lived in Roanoke, VA for most of my life and have many friends who attend VA. Tech & I know tons of alumni. When it comes to cheering for their teams, VA. Tech fans are obnoxious as any other universities in the country. Right now, I'm just hoping that UGA takes VT's spot in the tournament!

A little clarification

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Fight! Fight, Blue Devils
    Fight for Duke and the Blue and White
    March on through
    For the touchdown's there for you,
    Go get 'em!
    Duke is out to win today
    Carolina goodnight! (EAT #$%^)
    So turn on the steam, team,
    Fight! Blue Devils, Fight!

Breakstrain:
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    Rip 'em up, tear 'em up! Give 'em hell, Duke!
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    Rip 'em up, tear 'em up! Give 'em hell, Duke!

Second verse:
    Here in Durham town
    There's a university
    And tonight those tower bells of Duke
    Will ring out merrily.
    See that old Blue Devil smoke
    Arising to the sky.
    There's something doing, there's vict'ry brewing,
    Don't you hear that battle cry.
    I'm impressed that you know all the words! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I happen to have a copy of the sheet music for this fight song and would like to offer a clarification. The portion which begins with, "Here in Durham town" is the verse. The words which begin with "Fight! Fight! Blue Devils..." is the chorus. Both verse and chorus are to be played and sung in march tempo.

Please forgive a tired fan who just returned from Charlotte but was there any mention of the missing Blue Devil mascot from the game?

And, as to abusive fans, it's becoming pretty par for the course at the ACC tea party. I was jeered at non-stop by 'holes and clemmies during our game yesterday. Yelled at to stop jumping up after scores and to stop clapping so much.
    Our opponents' fans make it extremely easy to wear a sneer in response.

black and blue from charlotte

I feel ya weezie, I was in section 202 (upper) and I got hammered yesterday. I was surrounded by a sea of light blue and during the unc- va tech game I kept my cool and didnt go out of my way to pull for va tech or anything. I didnt even jump up and scream (even though I wanted to) when I though va tech was getting hosed by the refs for some of the hack job defense that unc was doing right there at the end. I just enjoyed the game and waited for my main event. Well during the whole game I had Tar Heel fans doing the clemson cheers and telling me to sit down and basically screaming at me the whole time. Then when it was apparent duke was going to lose in the closing seconds, they kept screaming at me to go ahead and sell them my tickets for the game on sunday which I just kept my cool, because I didn't want to end up on the front page of the local newspaper. The only highlight at the end of the game was a young girl who some Tar Heel fans were screaming at for her to sell them her tickets. She reached in her pocket like she was gonna get them out and pulled out her middle finger. I laughed like crazy, but I did end up selling my tickets on the cheap to a carolina fan. It was a father with his little son, and well I had to show some class. I would have ended up killing someone today anyway. well i dont really feel like talking about the game, I hope that we are sent out west and forgotten about. Then we suprise everyone and sneak to the final four.......

PS, Charlotte is a drag of a venue. The over-stuffed light rail adds an hour on the commute each way, no tailgating of any merit, the bartenders uptown are miserable (annoyed that people might want a beer or seven after a game,) the St Patrick's Day parade added to the general confusion and commute annoyance, the seats are squished, the roof leaked, the stadium food was barfy and the scoreboard was hard to keep an eye on when each time out went to a court view while dropping all the stats off.
    They did have nice smelling soap in the ladies rooms though...that's about all I liked there.