Grant Hill got a T

Watched SportsCenter this AM and saw the Suns highights. Grant got wiped out under the basket defending a drive and landed hard, and let the ref have it before he finished bouncing. It must have been good, the T was immediate.

The comment was: "this is something you don't see often"

I saw it happen, I didn't even know Grant got angry!

But seriously, yeah, he was pretty pissed. There were at least 3 other techs on the Suns that game, in the first 2 quarters, not sure about the second half.

On the other hand, when 90% of your career is ruined by injury, getting knocked down hard would probably get you going pretty good.
    Last edited by Acymetric; 03-14-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added some things

T

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Watched SportsCenter this AM and saw the Suns highights. Grant got wiped out under the basket defending a drive and landed hard, and let the ref have it before he finished bouncing. It must have been good, the T was immediate.

The comment was: "this is something you don't see often"
    They must have thought he was Daniel Ewing

Did you see the segment from the pregame show before the Cavs-Wizards game? They showed footage of Shaq almost diving through the Suns bench after a loose ball a few nights ago, noting that 'some guy from Duke' spilled Gatorade all over the team as he dove out of the way. The slow mo replay was fantastic. I haven't see a man flee the scene so gracelessly since George Costanza was running from a fire.

I've taken to Tivoing every second of TNT's NBA Thursday shows. Barkley, EJ, and Kenny the Jet are the best trio on TV right now.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Did you see the segment from the pregame show before the Cavs-Wizards game? They showed footage of Shaq almost diving through the Suns bench after a loose ball a few nights ago, noting that 'some guy from Duke' spilled Gatorade all over the team as he dove out of the way. The slow mo replay was fantastic. I haven't see a man flee the scene so gracelessly since George Costanza was running from a fire.
    Here's the story.

Marks pointed the finger of blame at one teammate in particular. “There is one nameless guy, who went to Duke, who spilled Gatorade on everyone as he made his cowardly escape. These are the times when Shaq discovered who he can rely on, so this was a good education.”

But Grant Hill — degree from Duke and Gatorade stains in hand — had his own view. “We’ve got a team of smart guys who pay attention to tendencies … and Shaq has a tendency to dive into the crowd,” Hill explained.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They must have thought he was Daniel Ewing
    Actual game audio transcript:

Hill: Sir, I believe the preceding play in which I was moved against my will merits a disciplinary action against the opponent player in the form of a "foul". The lack of acknowledgment on your part does not bode well with me, and I must strongly disagree with said non-action. Kindly have a nice day.
    Ref: ??? uhh... technical foul!

My wife and I were at the PHX vs GSW game last night. Grant played very good defense but he couldn't hit layups or open shots. The refs were insane. I guess they did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express before the game. They are T'ing up the Suns in the 1st half. If I remember correctly, Grant, Shaq, Nash & Coach all got T'd up for words after no-calls.

Note on the Suns:
    Grant seems to be the only Suns player actively fighting for rebounds (other than Shaq + Amare who are always near the basket). I like the Suns, but its disappointing to see the other Suns players hoping the ball will bounce towards them. I hope they can get it together before the playoffs (if they make it).

The cutest thing was the pre-game, when Amare Jr., was on court with his father. The kid is 19mos old and he was dribbling a regulation basketball half his size.
    Last edited by MrBisonDevil; 03-15-2008 at 03:29 AM.