ACC first round game(s) thread

Even though their conference records were identical, I'm surprised and dissapointed that Wake lost to FSU today. By ten?

Anyone watch the game? Was it ever really close???

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Even though their conference records were identical, I'm surprised and dissapointed that Wake lost to FSU today. By ten?

Anyone watch the game? Was it ever really close???

-EarlJam
    Yes, it was actually a decent game. WFU came out in the second half and stormed back to take a lead. Then Hamiliton took a TO and settled FSU down, they re-established control and took the lead.

Teague was unstoppable but didn't get the ball enough. Johnson was scoreless in the first half and then saddled with foul trouble in the second half.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Fsu

Jason Rich for FSU had a big game, hit some big shots. Rich carried FSU when they were struggling to score in the second half.

wishful thinking

This is just some wishful thinking, but I think FSU has a better chance at beating UNC than would Wake, so I'm happy with the outcome. If nothing else, perhaps FSU can tire them out some for the next game.

Wow. Good day for the Florida teams. Horrible day for the Carolina teams.

REALLY dissapointed in Wake's and State's performances. Bummer.

I hate Florida teams.

-EarlJam

Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    This is just some wishful thinking, but I think FSU has a better chance at beating UNC than would Wake, so I'm happy with the outcome. If nothing else, perhaps FSU can tire them out some for the next game.
    If am sure Lawson would have rather have seen Wake. He has gotten banged up in both Fla State games.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Unc

UNC seems like a shoe in to the championship game. I think the VT-Miami game is shaping up to be a good one. Both teams are pretty hot right now. VT has to be pretty happy. They were dreading NCSU as they have lost thier last 6 to them.

Quicke aside. Who are the only two teams with winning records in the ACC over the last two years?

ACC Tournament Update

The State of Florida: 133
    The State of N. Carolina: 110

OUTRAGE!

Earl,

How outraged will you be if one of those Florida teams sends UNC home?

Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Earl,

How outraged will you be if one of those Florida teams sends UNC home?

Didn't think so.
    If UNC plays either of those schools, I will be pulling for UNC. I do not want a team from Florida anywhere near the championship game of the ACC. It just doesn't seem right.

I will don the powder blue and cheer, cheer, cheer for Tyler, Lawson, Green and the boys to destroy the teams from Florida. This is the one time I will make this exception.

Also, I am very much full of sh*t.

You are most correct. Carolina....may they burn in HELL!

-EarlJam

If UNC plays either of those schools, I will be pulling for UNC. I do not want a team from Florida anywhere near the championship game of the ACC. It just doesn't seem right.

I will don the powder blue and cheer, cheer, cheer for Tyler, Lawson, Green and the boys to destroy the teams from Florida. This is the one time I will make this exception.

-EarlJam
    Blasphemy 101 from EarlJam!

9F! GO FSU!

-EarlJam
    I don't care who wins, but I'd sure like to see someone -- a fan, a Carolina player, Roy Williams, an usher, anybody -- smash Reid and Swann in the mouth and someone else return the favor by clobbering Green.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Quicke aside. Who are the only two teams with winning records in the ACC over the last two years?
    I assume you mean UNC and Va Tech. However, I'd word the question slightly differently. If you mean winning record in EACH of the last two years, then the answer is UNC and Va Tech. But as for ACC teams with winning records over the past two years, the answer is UNC (28-7), Va Tech (20-14), Duke (21-12), Maryland (18-15), and Clemson (17-16).

Is this the first year ever in the ACC Tournament that the first two games involved knocking two tobacco road teams out of the tournament?

I can't imagine two N.C. schools have ever been knocked out so quickly.

-EarlJam

ick

I must say that singing ACC tournament dude is the worst thing I have seen in a loooooooooong time ...HORRIBLE

Atsur must have been a better player then I thought... wow Wolfpack... horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Atsur must have been a better player then I thought... wow Wolfpack... horrible.
    You can't say enough about this. If Atsur didnt graduate, State is a national contender this year. Seriously, they were probably NCAA tournament material with him last year (he just missed half the season), and with these other members to support the cast....

NC State last year W/O Atsur was terrible. With him was a force to be reckoned with. The ACC Tourny was not a fluke.

I will be pulling for UNC.
    I will don the powder blue and cheer, cheer, cheer for Tyler, Lawson, Green and the boys.

-EarlJam
    Just making sure everyone sees this.

this quote completely out of context