View Poll Results: You'd rather have a lifetime supply of...

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • SweetTart Rolls

10 30.30%
  • Spree Rolls

4 12.12%
  • Nerds Boxes

7 21.21%
  • None O' the Above! I'm a Chocolate Lover Only!

12 36.36%

Tangy Candy Poll!

If you could have a lifetime supply of the following, which tangy candy product would you choose?

My two favorite candies are sweettarts and nerds, choosing between them was very tough. I went with the Sweet Tarts though as their are multiple flavors per pack, instead of just two for the nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    My two favorite candies are sweettarts and nerds, choosing between them was very tough. I went with the Sweet Tarts though as their are multiple flavors per pack, instead of just two for the nerds.
    Yeah, Nerds stole my heart years ago, but deep down, I've always been a SweetTarts guy. Kind of wish I could change my answer. Oh well.

-EarlJam, who should have also listed FUN DIP as an option

I have a fondness for sprees, if only for the memories of that day my brother and I discovered that spree-spit made really pretty colors on newly fallen snow.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Yeah, Nerds stole my heart years ago, but deep down, I've always been a SweetTarts guy. Kind of wish I could change my answer. Oh well.

-EarlJam, who should have also listed FUN DIP as an option
    FUN DIP, definitely poll-worthy

No love for NERDS?

This is disconcerting, appauling.

-EarlJam

I voted for Nerds.

Although I would have preferred Sour Skittles or Sour Patch Kids as an option.

You left out Zots (haven't seen these in a while). And Warheads.

But I'll almost always go straight for the Dove dark chocolate. Dipped in peanut butter.

Spicy!

My favorite NON chocolate candy are Hot Tamales!

not good choices

I admit I'm not much of a 'sweet' eater, but that said, the choices were rather lame.

For all you folk with a serious SWEET TOOTH, my cousins (4th generation) run and own and create masterpieces, at Bruce's Candy Kitchen in Cannon Beach, Oregon.

I'm pretty sure they have a website at this point. (What do I know, I just give them a call and say 'Send me Divinity Fudge and a couple of pounds of Taffy.')

But I can guarantee that they have the BEST Salt Water Taffy -- even better than the Joisey shore where I grew up. Their fudge, cashew turtles, ribbon candy, whatever is.......truly great.

If you contact them -- mention that Jeanne and Alex in L.A. said to call/write/email -- and you expect a GOOD deal.

And if you'all are visiting the Oregon coast -- head to Cannon Beach for the candy and to hearby Seaside for the awesome surf.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I have a fondness for sprees, if only for the memories of that day my brother and I discovered that spree-spit made really pretty colors on newly fallen snow.
    My doctor says I'm not supposed to go on sprees.

Can't we count Skittles as a tangy candy? Taste the rainbow.......

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Yes. I actually just forgot to put Skittles as a choice. Sour Skittles are one of my favorites (still not better than Nerds though).

Eat a pack of Skittles and your tongue will feel very numb.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Good call - if that was a choice, I would have gone with Skittles as well. <hijack>Whenever I have Skittles at work, I log the number of pieces I get for each color. I've found that each regular sized bag contains approximately 60 pieces (59.68), while the smaller bag contains about 20. The ratio isn't exactly 1:1:1:1:1. Green:Orange:Purple:Red:Yellow is about 11.9 : 12.4 : 11.1 : 12.6 : 11.6. This is after about only 30 bags in the last year, so the sample size may be too small.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Good call - if that was a choice, I would have gone with Skittles as well. <hijack>Whenever I have Skittles at work, I log the number of pieces I get for each color. I've found that each regular sized bag contains approximately 60 pieces (59.68), while the smaller bag contains about 20. The ratio isn't exactly 1:1:1:1:1. Green:Orange:Purple:Red:Yellow is about 11.9 : 12.4 : 11.1 : 12.6 : 11.6. This is after about only 30 bags in the last year, so the sample size may be too small.
    Do you have similar stats for M&Ms?

I went with SweetTarts - but if picking SweetTarts meant no more chocolate - then SweetTarts are out the window - nothing beats chocolate. Dove dark chocolate is great. Have enjoyed trying out the new flavors/fillings of Hershey's Kisses.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Have enjoyed trying out the new flavors/fillings of Hershey's Kisses.
    Ymm, me too. My favorite by far is the mint truffles put out at Christmas. I love mint chocolate, but don't like mint chocolate ice cream, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Do you have similar stats for M&Ms?
    I tried, but despite their marketing slogan, they tend to get messy when handled... I have a very limited data on M&Ms (3 yellow bags), and the results are as follows:
    • 4 black
    • 7.33 blue
    • 2.33 green
    • 3.33 orange
    • 2.66 red
    • 2 yellow

total = 21.66 peanut m&ms per bag

Sadly, I'm not joking

OT

I tried, but despite their marketing slogan, they tend to get messy when handled... I have a very limited data on M&Ms (3 yellow bags), and the results are as follows:
    • 4 black
    • 7.33 blue
    • 2.33 green
    • 3.33 orange
    • 2.66 red
    • 2 yellow

total = 21.66 peanut m&ms per bag

Sadly, I'm not joking
    I played soccer with someone like you - he kept stats for both his soccer and softball teams. He could give career goals and assists for anyone who played on the team over a 10 year period. Of course, we all wanted to look at the stats - so I think we were just as bad. We gave him pocket protectors for Christmas - one for formal occasions and another for more informal occasions.

You don't have a very demanding job, do you. (Says the guy posting to DBR from work.)

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    You don't have a very demanding job, do you. (Says the guy posting to DBR from work.)
    software engineering... workload varies significantly from week to week