Thread: DBR Block Party

DBR Block Party

I have not been posting long - but it seems like you guys have a little community on here.

Why not have an annual DBR Block Party?

Pig Pickin, Coach K makes a speech, Ron Burgandy plays our fight song on the jazz flute, Play Shane in horse shoes, meet that idiot on the forum you always disagree with and share a fresh glass of beer from the guiness keg with them, what are some other activities ey?

Well, I think we'd have to have the beer-float-drinking contest.

If enough of us brought laptops, we could have a battle of post-o-matics. Picture Jason Evans, Billybreen, Earljam and Blue Dawg (where's he been lately?!) all sitting in a row -- the requirement being to post to a communal thread, and how many relevant/discussion-cotinuing responses they can generate in a 5 minute window. Winner would get a choice of title (like the Mods have now.)

There may need to be a scrabble throwdown, and perhaps a Duke BBall Team Trivia contest.

(FBB, your alias name reminds me of the class of 1997 pic book, where a young lady had listed as her hobbies, "blowing bubbles, playing mind games." Not related, are you?)

I'm virtually there. But from here.

We could do that game where two people hold a bar/stick and contestents line up to walk under the bar without touching it (their hands can't touch the floor). What's that called?

Anyway, when needed, Jason Evans and fellow moderators could raise the bar, and likewise, when needed, fellow posters like myself, EarlJam, and BillyBreen could lower the bar.

Seems about right.

-EarlJam

P.S. Also, we could drink a lot of beer.

Everybody limbo!

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    We could do that game where two people hold a bar/stick and contestents line up to walk under the bar without touching it (their hands can't touch the floor). What's that called?

Anyway, when needed, Jason Evans and fellow moderators could raise the bar, and likewise, when needed, fellow posters like myself, EarlJam, and BillyBreen could lower the bar.

Seems about right.

-EarlJam

P.S. Also, we could drink a lot of beer.
    I think you mean limbo. I could definitely see a thread analogy for the limbo, like the limerick thread.

we wold need a good wi-fi connection in the area so we can bring our laptops and post on the forums to let other members who can't make it know what is going on...
    I just talked to Duhon and he said screw whatever Bulls stuff he has going on during the block party - screw it - he wants to be the lead host.