Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Blue Bell ice cream is a delight... almost any flavor. It used to be available only in Texas, but thanks to some changes in the company's marketing philosophy, this ice cream can be enjoyed elsewhere as well.
    I noticed! I went to Outback or Chili's or one of those generic restaurants whose name is unimportant, and their dessert item featured Blue Bell ice cream... in North Carolina! I was shocked, as I had thought it was never shipped outside of Texas, so I had to order this item. I loved going to the factory tour in Brenham (I think?), then getting some good venison sausage on the way back to Houston. I even remember the last time we went, the Astros were playing on the radio, and Brad Ausmus hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th or 9th to win the game. Good times...

Sloan's

Has anyone ever been to a Sloan's ice cream shop? I went to one today in Palm Beach, but I had just eaten dinner and couldn't possibly eat any ice cream. However, they did have an ice cream called Coffee-and-Doughnuts, which is coffee ice cream with chunks of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Anyone heard of this flavor? Anyone been to Sloan's?

Just tried HaagenDaz (sp) Cinnamon Dulce de Leche - very good!

ymm, ice cream

I think I am going to have a Food Lion artificially flavored, artificially colored imitation vanilla ice cream to go after my iron city or old milwaukee light beer. A lousy ending to a lousy day. Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think I am going to have a Food Lion artificially flavored, artificially colored imitation vanilla ice cream to go after my iron city or old milwaukee light beer. A lousy ending to a lousy day. Yuk.
    Man, that's grim. Apologies.

Last night, I bought a pint of B&J Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler. I look forward to giving a review sometime this week.

Friendly's

A great place to enjoy ice cream is at one of the Friendly's restaurants. There are the basic or usual flavors plus many imaginative ones, some of which change seasonally. If a dessert can be made using ice cream, Friendly's will make it. A visit to their website can help identify whether you're near a Friendly's... http://www.friendlys.com/locations/index.aspx

ymm, ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    A great place to enjoy ice cream is at one of the Friendly's restaurants. There are the basic or usual flavors plus many imaginative ones, some of which change seasonally. If a dessert can be made using ice cream, Friendly's will make it. A visit to their website can help identify whether you're near a Friendly's... http://www.friendlys.com/locations/index.aspx
    thanks for the link. BTW, congrats on your promotion to starter in the not too distant past-sorry it was overlooked at the time.

I hope you've pulled yourself out of your funk. Thursday evening will be here soon!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Wink Ice Cream for Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I hope you've pulled yourself out of your funk. Thursday evening will be here soon!
    I'm as happy as a clam (whoever came up with THAT simile). Why? Because ...

BASKETBALL SEASON STARTS IN THREE DAYS!!!!

I kind of like this new Singler kid from Oregon. Think he'll be any good? I say we win our first six games of the season.

Oh yeah ... petition skewin' time: There's an ipetition to bring back B&J's FESTIVUS ICE CREAM!! Finding that site just made my day. It brings me back to when I last had it ... in 2001. And we all know what happened that year.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Festivus ice cream ... YMM!!!!

Alas, it was a limited release only.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Is there a website where you can find names (and content descriptions) of all Ben & Jerry's flavors over the years? I had a flavor once that I can't even recall the name of, that I loved-- but I assume it must have been one of these limited release flavors, as well, because I have never seen it again.

Graeter's

Graeter's ice cream (available in Lousville, Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus) is made with a French Pot process (which can only be made in small batches, hence the limited distribution), and is quite favorably reviewed by a lot of national food snob magazines (Oprah says it's her favorite).

Graeter's claim to fame are their "chip" flavors, because of the enormous size (and highly random size/shape) of the chips in their ice cream-- some chips are as big as your thumb-- which are the result of the chip making process: the dark chocolate (Graeter's is also a candy and bakery goods manufacturer, so the chocolate is their own) is poured liquid over the in-process ice cream, freezes in place on top of it, like a chocolate helmet, then gets shattered into the ice cream in a variety of sizes by the mixing process. The signature Graeter's flavor is Black Raspberry Chip, but my personal favorite is Coconut Chocolate Almond Chip (which is only available seasonally-- don't ask me when).

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    Is there a website where you can find names (and content descriptions) of all Ben & Jerry's flavors over the years? I had a flavor once that I can't even recall the name of, that I loved-- but I assume it must have been one of these limited release flavors, as well, because I have never seen it again.

On Ben & Jerry's website, they have a section for retired flavors. The site is kind of cheesy, you go to the graveyard to look at the flavors, but they give a pretty good list of all the flavors they've tried and no longer carry.
    http://www.benjerry.com/

They seem like a really cool company.

thanks for the link. BTW, congrats on your promotion to starter in the not too distant past-sorry it was overlooked at the time.
    Thank you! I'm trailing some others, but that's OK.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the beginning of the next season than with some fine ice cream! Too bad there are only two Friendly's in NC.

post season, ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I am pretty much over it now, especially after reading Jumbo's sobering, damned logical and reassuring essay on the main board. Bring on Belmont and then if/when(no weaufing here) we win, our next opponent please.

Another blast from the past...

Anyone else remember Chocolate Smiles? The place over by East Campus that made their own ice cream? The best thing I ever tried there was called milk chocolate surprise: it was milk chocolate truffle ice cream with cinnamon in it. Ymmm...

Ice Cream!

Alright, I've now had a couple nights of eating Ben & Jerry's Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler Ice Cream. It's vanilla ice cream with pieces of peaches and cinnamon shortbread pieces. I think the best part about it is the shortbread pieces that are supposed to be the cobbler. The ice cream and peaches are good, but the cobbler part is the best.

I hate you all

Since this thread started, I have polished off an entire carton of Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip. With Hershey's Special Dark Syrup. Thank goodness a half-gallon is no longer a half-gallon or else I'd have eaten more.

FYI, I wasn't able to find B&J's Black and Tan. I'm concerned.

Also, is Yum Yum's in Greensboro still open? Because in addition to their 'dogs, their homemade ice cream is really good. Love their lemon.

Thomas Sweet

I judge all ice cream brands/shops by their Cookies N Cream.

Edy's makes a good one, but Thomas Sweet in Princeton, NJ (Nassau St) made the best I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    Graeter's claim to fame are their "chip" flavors, because of the enormous size (and highly random size/shape) of the chips in their ice cream-- some chips are as big as your thumb-- which are the result of the chip making process.
    I'm a Cincinnati native, so I'm biased (and live around the corner from "Chip" Graeter) but it's my favorite. Toffee chip is also deadly. We're lucky to also have Aglamesis ice cream, a totally different style (more icy and less creamy) but also delicious.