Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by spcwhitley View Post
    I'm a UNC fan but i will say it was very classy on the part of the students and K to remember Eve Carson. Before anyone starts reading too much into whether K wore a ribbon or not, please remember that K from what i've heard did most of the work in setting up the memorial service for Carson. It wouldn't have happened without him or the students. Let's quit taking the basketball rivalry off the court. Coach K and Coach Williams are 2 wonderful men and probably the two classiest coaches in college basketball. Duke fans and UNC fans are one community who respect each other a lot more than we all would care to admit.
    The important thing is that we all (well most of us at least) can all come together when it matters. Thank god those 2 evil men are behind bars. What's even better is that the January slaying of the Duke graduate student is now finally receiving justice also. Let's leave the rivalry on the court. God bless you all.

Thank you for this post. As a Duke grad/fan who grew up in Orange county, I have often been tempted to get caught up in the Duke-Carolina hate thing, but I try very, very hard to remember that we are talking about 2 fantastic universities with more in common than not. Thank you to all the UNC supporters who have acknowledged the efforts of the Duke community to pay our respects to Eve Carson. Thank you too for recognizing the loss of our student.

Angry

Only 1 Carolina Fan on this board acknowledged the loss of life of the Duke student, but all Duke fans acknowledged Eve Carson's tragic death and the loss of Mahatao (sic). I may have misspelled his name, but that to me shows the difference in the two schools fan base. This ribbon BS makes me realize why I will never give UNC Chapel Hill any complements again.I know I am beating a dead horse, but the unmitigated gall of their fans really irritates me. I really hope we get another crack at those arrogant pr#%$*.