Thread: Nelson

Nelson

During the Duke/UNC game Demarcus's parents looked like they were holding a small child in their arms. Is the child Demarcus's? Is he married? I was just curious ... do any other Duke players have children?

???

So far as I know, none of the players is married and none have children. That said, I realize I don't know that for sure about DeMarcus.
    DukeDevilDeb

I wondered about that. Could have been a grandchild. Does DM have a sibling?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I wondered about that. Could have been a grandchild. Does DM have a sibling?
    Don't know whose child is it, but, yes, DeMarcus has two older siblings - Darnele and Kesia - as well as a younger brother, Darius. GoDuke profile I believe Darius is a freshman in high school and is also a good basketball player - although I don't think he's quite on the same level as DeMarcus.

I believe on Duke Blue Planet they had a list of what the players got for x-mas and DeMarcus said he had a niece born. Probably his sister's.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanSD View Post
    I believe on Duke Blue Planet they had a list of what the players got for x-mas and DeMarcus said he had a niece born. Probably his sister's.
    At one point she was ASLEEP at the Carolina game. I want to know how in the bloody heck an infant could sleep through that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    At one point she was ASLEEP at the Carolina game. I want to know how in the bloody heck an infant could sleep through that noise.
    Very easily. My daugher, to this day (she's eight), falls asleep everytime we crank the stereo (by her request) in the minivan.

Bizarre.