View Poll Results: which first day game will be the best game?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • WFU/FSU

17 30.91%
  • UM/NCSU

12 21.82%
  • GT/UVA

17 30.91%
  • MD/BC

9 16.36%

Cool ACC Tourney schedule...

The ACC tourney schedule is out. You can see it here:
    http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...008.html#sched
    I'll probably only be able to watch on first day game. So, which game do you guys think will be the best?

WFU(8) / FSU(9) - 1200
    Miami(5) / NCSU(12) - 1400
    GT(7) / UVA(10) - 1900
    MD(6) / BC(11) - 2100

FWIW, I picked GT/UVA, but only because that determines who Duke will play.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 03-11-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: addition...

By the way, Duke is set to play in the 1900 game on Friday against the winner of GT and UVA. Anyone care to analyze that game based on who wins the 7/10 game? Which team does Duke have the more favorable matchup against? Does that team have a realistic shot in the first game? Just curious.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 03-11-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: accuracy

Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    By the way, Duke is set to play in the 1900 game on Friday against the winner of GT and UVA. Anyone care to analyze that game based on who wins the 7/10 game? Which team does Duke have the more favorable matchup against? Does that team have a realistic shot in the first game? Just curious.
    The good news is that DUke has seen both very recently so preparation should not be an issue. UVa is a bit more dangerous team because of Singletary's ability to create, get to the hoop and take over with his overall game. But he is also not as good a player when tired as we saw the last time Duke played UVa. Both teams present problems but Duke should prevail at the end against either team.

I think Miami/State should be good. I dont know whats wrong with state. they have a ton of talent, just need to bring it together (another ACC tourney run perhaps?? doubtful, but perhaps...)

Tech with their (barely) superior inside game scares me more than UVA, but then again, its conference tourney time when seniors - playing potentially their last college games EVER - go nuts. Remember McNamara a couple years back? So I wouldn't be surprised at all if singletary goes nuts

Red face hmm...

I've noticed that MD/BC is getting no love. Does everybody think that Maryland is just going to blow BC off the court? I thought it might be interesting to see if Tyreese Rice (did I get the name right?) can repeat his performance against UNC, and if MD can withstand it the way UNC did.

I think it's funny that so far, with 22 votes, the ranking goes 8/9 game, then 7/10 game, which I guess makes sense just from the seedings, but then the 5/12 game is ahead of the 6/11 game. I wonder why? Is it some commentary on our feelings about Maryland? I just found it interesting.

I think it's funny that so far, with 22 votes, the ranking goes 8/9 game, then 7/10 game, which I guess makes sense just from the seedings, but then the 5/12 game is ahead of the 6/11 game. I wonder why? Is it some commentary on our feelings about Maryland? I just found it interesting.
    Probably because a lot of people including myself believe a upset can happen? I think NC State pulls off the upset. Remember every year since the 5/12 has been in play the 12 has pulled it off. It was Wake back in 06 who made it all the way to the Semis, and Miami last year who should have made it to the Semis, but choked the game away late against Va Tech in OT.

Red face wow...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood112883 View Post
    Probably because a lot of people including myself believe a upset can happen? I think NC State pulls off the upset. Remember every year since the 5/12 has been in play the 12 has pulled it off. It was Wake back in 06 who made it all the way to the Semis, and Miami last year who should have made it to the Semis, but choked the game away late against Va Tech in OT.
    Each year? I had no idea. That's definitely interesting.

Each year? I had no idea. That's definitely interesting.
    It's not a very long list. We've only had a 5/12 in place for two years. So it is a sample size of two. There IS a realistic chance that NC State could keep the ball rolling, though.

CDU, you beat me to it. Every single year, all two of them. Talk about a trend.

So they're hosting Fan Fest at the Convention Center this year, which is on College St. (not a far walk from the arena). On Thursday night, Dick Vitale is signing autographs from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. to celebrate Alltel's Chief Basketball Officer of Fans announcement. Chad, the blonde-haired dude from the commercials, is also gonna be there too. Not sure what else they got at Fan Fest but should be a good time.

duke vs 7/10

I think I would rather play UVA away from JPJ arena than GT. GT seems to be a team that has what it takes to win maybe 2 games in this tourney. Causey is a good 3 pt shooter and all around player. It seemed like they hung around all night in CIS when we played them this year and I didn't like that.