1. One Small Victory for Duke

When my oldest son, Grant (now 10 yrs old), was an infant I began drilling him on Duke. The drill was simple: I would simply find a Duke logo, and tap the logo twice with my index finger in rhythm to my proclamation, "Go Duke!", followed by a mild pump of the fist simultaneous with "Yeah!" The result: by the time he was 10 months old, his first concrete words were "Go Duke".

Now with my second son, Quin, I have been exercising the exact same drills since his infancy and now, once again, the drill is paying off. He is now 10 months old and he is speaking his first concrete words, "Go Duke!" The pronunciation is not perfect, but it is undoubtedly clear. And to see the look on the Tar Heels faces when he says it is priceless!

Nice. Keeping 2 less UNC fans out of the world is always a good thing. Someday when I have kids I'm going to drill in their head as well that the dark side wears smurf blue.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDukeTattoos View Post
    When my oldest son, Grant (now 10 yrs old), was an infant I began drilling him on Duke. The drill was simple: I would simply find a Duke logo, and tap the logo twice with my index finger in rhythm to my proclamation, "Go Duke!", followed by a mild pump of the fist simultaneous with "Yeah!" The result: by the time he was 10 months old, his first concrete words were "Go Duke".

Now with my second son, Quin, I have been exercising the exact same drills since his infancy and now, once again, the drill is paying off. He is now 10 months old and he is speaking his first concrete words, "Go Duke!" The pronunciation is not perfect, but it is undoubtedly clear. And to see the look on the Tar Heels faces when he says it is priceless!
    Nice. Now all you need to do is grow them into 7 foot, 250 lbs of basketball savvy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B View Post
    Nice. Now all you need to do is grow them into 7 foot, 250 lbs of basketball savvy.
    Well, my oldest (now 10 yrs) hit the game winning shot last night in the first game of his tourney! Laettner in the making?