McDonalds All-Americans

First, I realize that high school awards are nice to have, but don't necessarily mean that the player is truly the best given the immensity of the landscape and the difficulty in choosing a top 24. I also realize that we don't know what will happen with our current players, but given that only Josh is likely to leave (and he will hopefully stay) we should have at least 8 McDonalds all-americans on the team next year. This seems like an incredible amount, and could easily be 9 (if Josh stays, or is replaced by Patterson). The incredible scenario would be that PP comes and Josh stays. Has any other team had this many?

MAA's

Not that I can recall. If Josh stays, expectations for next year will be huge. King and Smith both look like very solid four year guys, and Singler looks very special.

My personal dream is that Josh stays, (even thought that means Patterson passes on us), and we sign Greg Monroe, #1 player in 08 who apparently grew up a Duke fan!

As always, the future looks bright.

is monroe considering duke one of his top options? where is he from? also, this might seem like blasphemy, but i have only good intentions: is there a website dedicated to duke basketball recruiting or one that is constantly updated? again, i've been a dbr addict for about 5 years now, but this is just something i'd really like to find.

Monroe

Is From Louisiana, and his top three are us, UK, and LSU.

Monroe

Recent interview says he grew up idolizing Duke and it is his sorta dream school. He's been offered and his "high-3" is Duke, LSU, and Kansas.

He's from LA. Thin at 6-9, 190 ish. From what I've read his potential even outweighs his abilities thus far as a h.s. junior.

Just what I've read - I have no insight other than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rXEOiDs3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QtUTZtbPFs

Quote Originally Posted by smklin View Post
    is monroe considering duke one of his top options? where is he from? also, this might seem like blasphemy, but i have only good intentions: is there a website dedicated to duke basketball recruiting or one that is constantly updated? again, i've been a dbr addict for about 5 years now, but this is just something i'd really like to find.
    Watzone has a site. The recruiting info is premium content, which I cannot afford, but he has a reputation for early, accurate info. http://myblogdevils.eponym.com/blog

There's also the Duke rivals site for recruiting info, which you have to pay for the premium content as well.
    http://duke.rivals.com/default.asp?type=4

thanks a lot guys. im not sure if ill shell out the dough for that but it's good to know.

Watzone used to also provide a lot of recruiting tidbits on DBR, which we always appreciated. If you haven't looked at the link due to the comment about premium content, take a look.

Mark Watson's site

Hard to beat Watzone for recruiting info. He is the man. I also like Justin Young and Randall Thompson from Rivals, especially Randall for football info.

Watzone's the Man

Watzone is early and accurate. Can not go wrong with his site.

I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..com is the most informed site when it comes to recruiting. They are nearly always correct in their predictions.