ACC teams have three games on Wednesday and two on Thursday. Here are my predictions:
Miami @ Clemson - Clemson
MD @ Duke - Duke
WF @ State - State
VT @ VA - VA
Carolina @ GT - Carolina
Agree? Disagree? My objective here is to stimulate basketball discussion so let's talk basketball. I predicted 10 of 12 games correctly last week.
The only prediction I might disagree with is the UNC - GT game. I think GT might win that one. They've shown a lot of toughness, and at times that has rattled the tar heels. Handsblahblah might not like all the banging around under there. Look for him to lose his composure and foul out in something of a controversy.
GT certainly can win, I agree. I wouldn't call the Miami/Clemson game a lock either, especially with the minutes disappearing for James Mays. I simply cannot explain why Mays barely played against BC. He must be in the doghouse bigtime.
I might as well chime in on 2 of the last 3 that haven't been mentioned (maybe all 3). I don't know that UVA will definitely win, and while I would like to say Duke will win for sure, I bet that the line will be close on the game. Is that wrong? Saying I'll bet on a betting line? Someone help me, please. The 3rd, Wake-State, who cares? I guess it's easy to give the edge to the home team that's actually beaten teams like UNC.
It will be interesting to see how UNC comes out for the Tech game. If they don't come out extremely strong, it will be hard to take them seriously as one of the top 4 teams in the country (Florida has a similar test tonight). On the other hand, Tech probably has to have this one - I'm just not sure that they will respond positively to that pressure. I think Carolina wins, but will be happy to be proved wrong.
With it being a rivalry game, one would think VaTech would be paying attention, and with UVa seeming sketchy of late, I think VaTech takes them out.
There are definitely a couple of games that could go either way but that is the challenge in publicly stating predictions.
1. Carolina @ GT - I don't see Carolina losing two in a row. As much as I enjoy seeing them lose to other ACC teams, I must admit they have tons of talent and a solid coach. However, I will pull for GT to win.
2. WF @ State - yeah, I agree with the statement who cares.
3. Miami @ Clemson - I simply picked the home team. Clemson seems to have folded but this is their last chance. If they win, they remain on the bubble. If they lose, it is NIT time.
4. VT @ VA - I picked VA for two reasons: home court and revenge.
5. MD @ Duke - this game will be a big litmus test for us but I expect we are up to the task at hand. I still expect this team to start playing a solid 40 minutes on a consistent basis and this week would be a great time to start.
its also senior night for uva....hopefully they can send reynolds and cain off with a big win over the hokies