Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather have the matchup during a year when we have the better team. This year, I'll pass.
    Why couldn't it have happened in 99, or 01? *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    As good as Duke and Carolina have been for the past...25-30 years, I actually find it a bit odd that we have never played in the final four yet. Am I the only one? I think God is sparing us all heart attacks and palpitations.
    To put things a little different light, what would have happened in 1991 if UNC had beaten Kansas. How sweet would Duke's first national championship been if it had come at the hands of UNC. The problem is the converse is also true. How completely devastating and demoralizing would it have been to pull of the upset of the decade against UNLV and then turn around and loose the elusive nc, that should be rightfully yours, to your most hated rival

I'm not sure Duke would have ever recovered and I'm pretty sure that my body wouldn't have made it through the game unless Duke sprang out to an early lead and dominated for 40 minutes.

3. 1. I would rob a bank to get money for Duke-UNC Final Four/NC tickets.
    2. Regardless of who won, the second the game ended, basketballs across the world would spontaneously pop because there is no game that could compare to that.
    3. No matter how many times Duke and UNC meet in the NC, the first time would be the biggest game in the history of college basketball. Past, present, future.
    4. I may actually start chanting, "We (just) beat you in the most important game ever played (between Duke and UNC) and have (a leg up on) bragging rights for eternity. (Portions in parenthesis optional).

Um, people? A Duke/unc national championship was about three possessions away from happening in '91. It can happen.

Tickets for national championship games aren't that expensive, on the order of a few hundred for noncrappy seats. The semifinal games are MUCH more valuable. Duke/unc national chamionship tickets would probably trade at lower street prices than the annual unc game in Cameron does.

I think the most expensive hypothetical ticket in North American sports would be for World Series games in Wrigley Field. (Or Exxon Field or whomever Sam Zell has sold the naming rights to by then.)

In any event, the chance of a Duke/unc Final Four matchup this year is zero. We ain't making the Final Four.