Give me a (Expletive) Break Andy Katz

North Carolina was 'all class' in its win over Duke? While Roy tapped over Duke on his bench? While Danny Green ran around popping his jersey after the win? Are you kidding me?

The irony of this picture and its caption blows my mind.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebo...weeklywatch018

Misunderstood

Seems to me as if Katz was referring to the unfortunate events in Chapel Hill and less on the behaviour of the players and coaches.

I found it funny that Green gave Nelson a huge hug and showed respect to a senior playing his final home game then instantly turns around and "pops" his sweater. Just shows that he wasn't using all his cranial capacity!

clearly..

And this was after our moment of silence and attempt to transcend the rivalry.

But Roy is the guy who made the "I'll fake a back injury" joke early in his UNC tenure, so the bar is set pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    North Carolina was 'all class' in its win over Duke? While Roy tapped over Duke on his bench? While Danny Green ran around popping his jersey after the win? Are you kidding me?

The irony of this picture and its caption blows my mind.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebo...weeklywatch018
    Maybe he was being sarcastic

I think a lot of coaches put tape on their seat, don't they? I seem to remember seeing that before. Something about marking the coaches seat(s). Anybody else remember that?

Now that I think about it, I believe that some coaches do that to keep a player from accidently sitting in their chair. Evidently, they don't want to sit in a sweaty chair. Which makes me wonder if the Maryland players all tape their chairs so they don't accidently sit in Gary's.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    I think a lot of coaches put tape on their seat, don't they? I seem to remember seeing that before. Something about marking the coaches seat(s). Anybody else remember that?

Now that I think about it, I believe that some coaches do that to keep a player from accidently sitting in their chair.
    That's exactly what it's for. Roy puts tape on his chair for home games as well.
    Last edited by -jk; 03-10-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post

Now that I think about it, I believe that some coaches do that to keep a player from accidently sitting in their chair.
    That's exactly what it's for. Roy puts tape on his chair for home games as well.
    Well now I feel like an idiot.

Danny Green still sucks.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-10-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by jtholland View Post
    And this was after our moment of silence and attempt to transcend the rivalry.

But Roy is the guy who made the "I'll fake a back injury" joke early in his UNC tenure, so the bar is set pretty low.
    The bar is SUPER low. Wasn't the game that Coach K said 'no celebrating just walk off the court' the Carolina win this year? People can talk all about Duke and how we don't have class, but you don't see us popping jerseys, dancing on the court afterwards, etc.

And Danny Green is just an idiot. The dancing before the game is DUMB. He's not Deron Washington dumb, but he's still about as smart as a bag of rocks.

Which makes me wonder if the Maryland players all tape their chairs so they don't accidently sit in Gary's.
    One-liner of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post

I don't wish to be argumentative, but I have purposefully looked at coaches chairs at most of the games I have watched this year, over this very issue. I am retired and watch many games. I have not seen one chair taped all season, except Roy at Duke. I can be wrong, but I tried to check each game and do not recall any tape. Definitely Roy did not have a taped chair at the Dump Dome for the Duke game. Check your tapes.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-10-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    One-liner of the week!
    HAHAHAHA, yeah, agreed completely. Then again, my man Dicki V was sweating like he ran a marathon on Saturday night. I think Shul needed a towel when Dickie V would rub up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    Danny Green still sucks.
    Agreed. He really pissed me off when he did that. Cannot repeat what I yelled at the TV. Has anyone ever seen a Duke player pop their jersey? I can think of a few guys who are likely to have done it, but don't recall ever seeing it. I imagine, for Coach K, it's a no-no. Just look how our guys shook hands and walked off their floor at CH. All class.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-10-2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    And Danny Green is just an idiot. The dancing before the game is DUMB. He's not Deron Washington dumb, but he's still about as smart as a bag of rocks.
    As a DUMB alumnus I take offense!

Yes He Was

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Canada View Post
    Seems to me as if Katz was referring to the unfortunate events in Chapel Hill and less on the behaviour of the players and coaches.

I found it funny that Green gave Nelson a huge hug and showed respect to a senior playing his final home game then instantly turns around and "pops" his sweater. Just shows that he wasn't using all his cranial capacity!

Yes he was...he is a UNC student, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bdh21 View Post
    As a DUMB alumnus I take offense!
    [begin tangent]

hehe, I *almost* put "he's just DUMB, and I ain't talking 'bout no marching band, neither."

I sometimes wish I'd marched. I'm still a huge DCI fan.

[/tangent]