Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Not to mention that the cost of moving around all those physical objects is increasing for the studios, so they'll be more inclined to move to a digital model where transport costs are much lower.
    The studios are fine with moving to a digital model assuming that there is demand for it and the economics work. As it is, there is nowhere near enough demand.

"Sony to delay "Home" online service for PS3 again" - for the second time. 1 year total...

Just a reminder that this is who won the HD physical format war. IMHO, skip Blu-ray and move on to downloadable content. Heck the airlines have me printing my own boarding passes.

The lastest Blu-ray update, this time from Business Week. Nothing shocking here and could and was predicted as soon as the die was cast in favor of Sony.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...tm?chan=search

P.S. No I still have not let it go...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The lastest Blu-ray update, this time from Business Week. Nothing shocking here and could and was predicted as soon as the die was cast in favor of Sony.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...tm?chan=search

P.S. No I still have not let it go...
    Prices for movies on bluray are way out of whack. I think they are still trying to gouge early adopters rather than trying to grow their market. A lot of movies cost 2x on bluray compared to DVD. There is no stronger advocate for digital downloads than the current pricing structure for bluray movies.