View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. UNC?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

3 2.38%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • Dave McClure

1 0.79%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

4 3.17%
  • Greg Paulus

49 38.89%
  • Jon Scheyer

64 50.79%
  • Kyle Singler

0 0%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

5 3.97%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. UNC

Who was the Man of the Match in the second UNC game on 3/8?

After Scheyer blocked Hansbrough in the second half, I wasn't sure if Jumbo would still be with us.

I voted for Scheyer but what we really needed was someone in the last 5 minutes.

I know the stats aren't there but I voted for Z.

He came through when we needed it. Good call Jumbo.

I voted for Scheyer (prob because of that ridiculous move and self-follow in the 2nd), but now I wish I could change my vote. Paulus is really the person who kept us in this game, who hit the shots when we needed them.

Paulus

Paulus did indeed fight long and hard to keep us in the game. I voted for him for that.

Is it me, or is Scheyer starting to look like our best defender?

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Is it me, or is Scheyer starting to look like our best defender?
    I've only been saying it for two years ...
    Markie's still better on the ball. Scheyer is our best off-the-ball defender, and is excellent on the ball is well.

And Paulus is still closing in on him in the voting, despite getting his ankles broken by Quentin Thomas. (Sigh)

Greg-o

I voted for Paulus. Without him, we're down 20 in the first half.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    And Paulus is still closing in on him in the voting, despite getting his ankles broken by Quentin Thomas. (Sigh)
    Another notable ankle-break was when Tywon faked Brian out of his jock, and then drained an open jump shot over a prone Z. I imagine Z will be in for some ribbing when they review the game film.

I voted for Jon for Man of the Match. Greg kept us in the game out of pure willpower, but Jon was so strong in all phases of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I voted for Paulus. Without him, we're down 20 in the first half.
    He also shot 5-for-14. Without Scheyer, where are we in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Another notable ankle-break was when Tywon faked Brian out of his jock, and then drained an open jump shot over a prone Z. I imagine Z will be in for some ribbing when they review the game film.
    Man, I felt so bad for Zoubs on that one. Between that play and Greg getting posterized by Green tonight, we were on the receiving end of someone else's highlight reel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Man, I felt so bad for Zoubs on that one. Between that play and Greg getting posterized by Green tonight, we were on the receiving end of someone else's highlight reel.
    Why wasn't Green jumping over/through Greg a charge?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    In honor of so many NBA players in the stands and future NBA players on the court, the officials decided to enforce the NBA "no-charging" half-circle.

I voted for Paulus, discounting the posterization.

It seemed like G and Markie wanted to drive into three people tonight and get trapped down low without kicking it out, even though they had some good plays.

Singler's defense against HansTravel was, in my opinion, pretty damned good. He stayed straight and vertical, and did his best to muscle up against a bigger, more experienced player.

Scheyer had some nasty-good plays as well, but Paulus seriously kept us in the game in the first half when we would have been blown out.

motm

JS=super glue. Brought us back, kept us close. Whoever had the primary responsibility for green gets a large negative for the game. GH would have had my vote if he dunks and/or makes that 6 footer to tie the game or regain the lead with about 3 minutes to go.

paulus would have to be the man of the match in the first half because if not for him, we woulda been down by 20+...in the second half i would have to say scheyer...that pull up 3 he had to bring it to 3 was awesome...then the blocked lay up he put in for the lead was incredible

another tough choice

but I went with Scheyer...I think Paulus also could make a great case

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    He was way too far under the basket. I was asking myself: "Why didn't Greg foul the bejesus out of him and make him earn it at the line?". He wasn't in any foul trouble...

Voted for Scheyer, though I wasn't impressed with his first half decision making. I want to vote for Zoubs, but think Scheyer deserves it more than Paulus...

thought gerald played big on the boards so I gave him some love. nice to see him hitting a couple 3s recently as well...though he didn't shoot well overall...

scheyer played well too, obviously. thought he did make a couple bad decisions, but he wasn't the only one...