Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bulletin board material

k ought to put this one up on the board

"It felt good man, it felt good. There are a lot of people around the country who don't like Greg Paulus, and I'm pretty sure a lot of those people were rooting for me," he said. "It was a good highlight, and hopefully it makes SportsCenter."

danny green unc punk forward

And to think I supported his dancing habits on a previous thread. What a dweeb.

I hope someone his size could dunk over GP as he simply stood there.

Somehow, I can't picture that many people rooting for that clown. He's a dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke76 View Post

"It felt good man, it felt good. There are a lot of people around the country who don't like Greg Paulus, and I'm pretty sure a lot of those people were rooting for me," he said. "It was a good highlight, and hopefully it makes SportsCenter."

More importantly, I hope Ol'Roy has a chat with Green about decorum and class. Of course, Ol' Roy may just say "dadgum it, these are kids and they are going to say things like that".

Not sure that would fly with K.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    Not sure that would fly with K.

You're right. Nobody who has ever played for K would say something like that to the press.
    It just isn't the Duke way...which is why they hate us!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    You're right. Nobody who has ever played for K would say something like that to the press.
    It just isn't the Duke way...which is why they hate us!
    The only really inflammatory thing I can recall is from Cherokee after the "rematch" win over the Fab Five when they came to Cameron and lost (92-93 season). Parks said something along the lines of "they talk trash before the game, but we get to talk it after. Now they just look foolish.".

That's about as nasty as I can remember a quote in over 20 years of watching Duke basketball.

Where did you find the quote?

Duke76, do you have a link?

link to the punk's quote

from the daily tar hell

http://media.www.dailytarheel.com/me...-3259843.shtml

ole roy won't say a thing. I just want the guys to use it as motivation if there is a rematch next sunday, i hope there is cause they couldn't play much better and we couldn't play much worse than saturday night

Stay classy, Danny.

i agree - it was a dumb thing for Green to say. But before everyone here rides away on their high horse, remember Demarcus made a little comment about Greyvis Vasquez just this year. At the end of the day its true - these are 18-22 yr old kids caught up in the Duke/UNC rivalry.

The difference between Green and Paulus is that when Paulus is interviewed after a game he ALWAYS talks (talked?) about "us" and "the team." I've seen multiple interviews where's he's pressed to comment on his own stellar play and he has consistently deflected the praise to the rest of the team. Green, meanwhile, is hoping that people are rooting for "me."

Green's a punk. He's the one guy I really have a problem with. After the handshake, he thumbs his jersey, and skips off the court with a big sh_t eating grin on his face. Only one way to shut him up. Hope someone can step up to do it.

I will say, I cringed every time he had a wide open 3. Even though he's a punk, sometimes he can play. I'd much rather have Scheyer, though. That last basket he had with 3 Tar Heels around him was simply awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Green's a punk. He's the one guy I really have a problem with. After the handshake, he thumbs his jersey, and skips off the court with a big sh_t eating grin on his face. Only one way to shut him up. Hope someone can step up to do it.

I will say, I cringed every time he had a wide open 3. Even though he's a punk, sometimes he can play. I'd much rather have Scheyer, though. That last basket he had with 3 Tar Heels around him was simply awesome.
    I think that between now and next weekend that Nate James needs to school this young team in a little badassness. I think that would definitely put us over the top if there is a rematch.

Greg should be flattered

Wasn't it the great JJ Redick who predicted Greg would ultimately replace him as the most hated Duke player? Time to resurrect Dan Quayle's quote: "I wear their scorn as a badge of honor."

GO DUKE!

This piling on top of Greg has reached ridiculous proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy S View Post
    Wasn't it the great JJ Redick who predicted Greg would ultimately replace him as the most hated Duke player? Time to resurrect Dan Quayle's quote: "I wear their scorn as a badge of honor."

GO DUKE!

That has to be one of the most disrespectful, ill-timed things to come out of a player's mouth in years. I cannot believe what I've just read! Talk about belittling an opponent and that is totally out of class and condescending.

I attended the Duke/State game last weekend and when Greg got (in my opinion, intentionally) 'whacked' by the State guard and was laying on the floor, bleeding, MANY very grown men and women were standing up and shouting cruel obscenities at him. We were just a few rows right behind the State bench and I am sure Greg heard what these people around me were shouting. It was just miserable and I almost lost my temper with the 'guy' to my left, who repeatedly called Greg some non-printable expletive deleteds.

Somewhere along the line we've forgotten the fine line between exuberance and boorishness, and with Greg many times this year and going back awhile, this line has been crossed and spat upon. I don't know what we can do except keep winning.

Somehow, this quote will come back to haunt Green. You can't belittle people like that and get away with it; it may make you look cool at first, but the ghosts come back on stuff like that.

dukestheheat.

Danny Green was just angry that he got shut out by Duke in the first game. Duke needs to be tougher and more physical on defense and put someone like Jordan Davidson in to rough up some of these trash-talking, ignorant players like Green! Bring it on in the ACC tourney Danny. Duke will be waiting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I think that between now and next weekend that Nate James needs to school this young team in a little badassness. I think that would definitely put us over the top if there is a rematch.
    For starters, I'd love to see Lance and/or Zoub get a ball in the post, see a path to the basket, and instead of trying to force a layup over a player, to take the ball and try to dunk the ball with the force of 1000 men. I'm talking a dunk so forceful, anyone who tries to block it will hurt their hand. A dunk so hard that "Send It In, Jerome" will defer to "Throw It Down, Zoubek/Lance Thomas!"

And after that dunk, they land and give a loud yell as well as a Dahntay-type flex of some muscles to let everyone in the building and on TV know that they own the paint and the rim. Then, run back on defense, get the ball back and do it again, and again, and again.

The badassery will spread from there.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

yea i dont really get the hating on paulus. i guess its a race thing. He's not good enough for people to want to hate on. He's good, but nowhere near the level of others like JJ, Battier, Laettner, Hurley, etc. who were hated before him.

Speaking of bulletin board material...

Did anyone hear Mike & Mike discussing the Duke - UNC game this morning? Greenberg said the one thing he learned from the game was that you CANNOT pick Duke to make any kind of NCAA tourney run because they are so reliant on the 3. I know that this is not a new sentiment, but he was so emphatic about it that I thought it was worth mentioning.

I honestly like being doubted by the "experts" --- nothing better than having Duke entering the tourney as an underdog. In my opinion, K is a fantastic coach / mentor in an underdog role. I say bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    yea i dont really get the hating on paulus. i guess its a race thing. He's not good enough for people to want to hate on. He's good, but nowhere near the level of others like JJ, Battier, Laettner, Hurley, etc. who were hated before him.
    I get the impression that he talks more than a little smack on the court and he can be quite demonstrative at times. As for the "how good he is thing" he makes some crippling shots and sometimes has the nack for making some crucial plays (this year at least). All that being said, I'm not sure why get gets the amount of abuse that he gets but I can see why he is a fan favorite to taunt.

He's certainly not the punk that Green is though. I find myself looking at Green during games and just shaking my head as I think "I'm glad that isn't my kid".