Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Calling "Speedo Guy" (ESPN wants to talk to you)

Speedo Guy (or anyone who might know how to reach Speedo Guy),

I just got a phone call from a producer at ESPN. He's doing a story on you and your glorious moment with Jackie Manuel from 2003, and he's going to be in Durham tomorrow conducting interviews and gathering photos and such.

Don't know if you're still around, but he'll go wherever you are just to get you on camera.

He's headed to Iowa on Thursday to speak with Jackie Manuel, but would like to chat with you first if he can.

So if you're out there, Speedo Guy, please drop me a line and I'll get you in touch with ESPN.

I'm Speedo Guy's agent. He charges a nominal fee for television interviews. My people will call your people and we'll do lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

I just got a phone call from a producer at ESPN. He's doing a story on you and your glorious moment with Jackie Manuel from 2003, and he's going to be in Durham tomorrow conducting interviews and gathering photos and such.

Don't know if you're still around, but he'll go wherever you are just to get you on camera.

He's headed to Iowa on Thursday to speak with Jackie Manuel, but would like to chat with you first if he can.

So if you're out there, Speedo Guy, please drop me a line and I'll get you in touch with ESPN.
    What's Jackie Manuel doing in Iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    i dont know why but that made me laugh...

what is he doing there?

I can get him in touch with leiderhosen (sp?) guy...aka the new (slash poor man's) speedo guy, though I doubt that's of interest

Feldspar,

I have no people. However, I look forward to hearing from yours. I hear they're quite prodigious.

Mudge,

If you build it, they will come, o come, e-Maaaaanuel. But that's just a guess.

SilkyJ,

Actually, that'd be great. Can you shoot me his e-mail address? The ESPN guy did say he was interested in how the legend of the Speedo Guy had carried on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    He's playing in the NBDL.

Feldspar,

I have no people. However, I look forward to hearing from yours. I hear they're quite prodigious.

Mudge,

If you build it, they will come, o come, e-Maaaaanuel. But that's just a guess.

SilkyJ,

Actually, that'd be great. Can you shoot me his e-mail address? The ESPN guy did say he was interested in how the legend of the Speedo Guy had carried on.
    Any interest in the chefs?

Duke fans barely have interest in the chefs. Creative = not!

The Leiderhosen guy has little to do with the actual legend of Speedo Guy. In fact, I think that it takes away from the mystique a little. Speedo Guy was funny because he did it once, in the biggest game of the year. It gets played out when you do it every first FT of every game... just a poor man's opinion.

the cameron crazies are not big fans of the chefs... i don't think the media would be either

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    The Leiderhosen guy has little to do with the actual legend of Speedo Guy. In fact, I think that it takes away from the mystique a little. Speedo Guy was funny because he did it once, in the biggest game of the year. It gets played out when you do it every first FT of every game... just a poor man's opinion.
    What he said.

Speedo guy should do the whole interview in the speedo. Perhaps pull one of those Sharon Stone "Basic Instinct" type leg uncrossing/crossing moves.

yeah...that's right. I went there. Just TRY and get that image out of your minds!
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

As I remember it, Speedo Guy is/was a divinity student, and was warned by the school not to do such nonsense again. Party poopers. I'm just guessing, but if he is now a man of the cloth, chances are he doesn't want to appear in SI in, or out of, his speedo, to relive the moment, no matter how personally proud he is of the event. Wait. When I say "out of his speedo", I meant in street clothes, not nekkid.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Speedo Guy did it twice, not once.

Who are the Chefs? (Great googily moogily).

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Speedo Guy did it twice, not once.

Who are the Chefs? (Great googily moogily).
    Original Speedo Guy was only at the 2003 game. The second appearence of "Speedo Guy" was another Div student who did it as a triubute.

I ^$%^$%^$%^$% you not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Duke fans barely have interest in the chefs. Creative = not!
    agreed. They screwed up their own joke/pun. It shouldn't be Krzyzewski's Chef's, it should be The KrzyCHEFskis or whatever. I get so mad every time I see them b/c they make us all look dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    agreed. They screwed up their own joke/pun. It shouldn't be Krzyzewski's Chef's, it should be The KrzyCHEFskis or whatever. I get so mad every time I see them b/c they make us all look dumber.
    Eh, they're really great fans and nice guys to boot. You guys should lay off them.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Wow. The Chefs are getting cooked! Aren't they Duke students?

-EJ

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

Still trying to track down Speedo Guy himself, but a lot of good background info has been passed along to ESPN.

I'm told the story will appear on College Gamenight sometime prior to the 9 PM tip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt '04 View Post
    Eh, they're really great fans and nice guys to boot. You guys should lay off them.
    They should lay off the chef hats. Then we'll all get along swimmingly.