The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.

Half Court Nothing But Net

College game day 1/2 court shot. Way to go Tim Catlett. Good Karma for tonight.

If you're looking for a sign regarding the outcome of tonight's game, this is it!

Yes, huge! Beautiful swish! And $10,000 goes to Duke's scholarship fund. I think Tim deserves more than $7,500 for that beauty. I like his child's outfit too!

One of the carolina basketball managers hit a shot about 3/4 the length of the court yesterday in the manager's game at the end of the first half. It was pretty sick...

Yeah, he drained that thing. Seems fitting that Duke and UNC are the only schools to have fans win that prize.

I'd be willing to bet that Duke will donate that $10,000 to whatever scholarship or fund is created in Eve Carson's memory.

Quote Originally Posted by devillighter View Post
    One of the carolina basketball managers hit a shot about 3/4 the length of the court yesterday in the manager's game at the end of the first half. It was pretty sick...
    What was the final score of the managers' game?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yeah, he drained that thing. Seems fitting that Duke and UNC are the only schools to have fans win that prize.
    Kudos to Tim Catlett for keeping us even in the rivalry - here's hoping to many more swishes from the Devils tonight.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    What was the final score of the managers' game?
    74-71. They made us proud.

And yes that 3/4 court shot at halftime by the Carolina player was rather absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by LetItBD08 View Post
    74-71. They made us proud.

And yes that 3/4 court shot at halftime by the Carolina player was rather absurd.
    The Duke managers played with a lot of heart last night. They were down by three with only a couple minutes to play and came back to win by forcing some key turnovers and making their free throws. Several players on the varsity team were there (I think Paulus was the "coach"), so lets hope they can put on a similar performance tonight! Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yes, huge! Beautiful swish! And $10,000 goes to Duke's scholarship fund. I think Tim deserves more than $7,500 for that beauty. I like his child's outfit too!
    I missed the Game Day spot but my dad called today and told me about that.

His comments on the baby: "Raisin' him right!"

I remember when this shot was made. My teacher was Tim Catlett's wife and she got pregnant right at the beginning of the year. She left and about a month afterwards we hear that her husband made the halfcourt shot at the game. It's only now, 4 years later that I watched this video