Perhaps this bodes well for the game. (Avert thine eyes).

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I fully believe in the SI curse (at least for this issue).

I also think this photo really captures the Beaker-like qualities of Psycho T

Josh Gibson(?) looks faintly disgusted, and understandably so.

I have promptly torn my cover off and placed it in my garbage can. Also, it is in small, ripped pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by godukerocks View Post
    I have promptly torn my cover off and placed it in my garbage can. Also, it is in small, ripped pieces.
    Now see that's the wrong idea. That's like taking a lucky rabbit's foot and running over with your car and then throwing down the garbage disposal. You should have diligently placed it on the tank portion of your toilet for guests to peruse and if for some unfortunate reason Saturdays game doesn't go the way you would like, you can politely excuse yourself, rip it into tiny pieces and flush it down to hell.

SI

I still have my post ACC pre NCAA tourney SI from 1986 stating "Duke's The Team To Beat" with Mark Alarie on the cover. They were right, by God they WERE the best team that year. But the best team doesn't always win it all. If a cover jinx derailed that wonderful team maybe it can cause an upset for a team from the evil empire.

I love the SI curse, as long as it has nothing to do with Duke, of course.

I also believe in the Madden curse. Get Tyler on the cover of that thing!

Separated at birth

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Now see that's the wrong idea. That's like taking a lucky rabbit's foot and running over with your car and then throwing down the garbage disposal. You should have diligently placed it on the tank portion of your toilet for guests to peruse and if for some unfortunate reason Saturdays game doesn't go the way you would like, you can politely excuse yourself, rip it into tiny pieces and flush it down to hell.

Better yet, have the cover laminated and attached to the inside of your toilet for that game watching party?

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Sorry, but I immediately did the same thing with my mom's issue. It was an unavoidable visceral reaction. I tore it off, crumpled it, and summarily threw it in the trash. It felt good.

sorry

that didn't work - I was trying to put the pancake bunny ubder it - Will a moderator please delete

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    that didn't work - I was trying to put the pancake bunny ubder it - Will a moderator please delete
    But at least now I know you use a Mac, so that makes you cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I also think this photo really captures the Beaker-like qualities of Psycho T

Oh good grief the picture of Beaker just made my night. Everybody remember that D'oh!erty looks like Sam the Eagle...

Sam the Eagle....

Sam theh Eagle II

So, in a phrase...Tar Heels = Muppets.

Thumbs down LOVE the post by JG

Psycho T and Ivory Soap have been two of my least favorite players in a long time. (...well if you don't count the current thugs in the ACC).

I also trashed my cover of the latest S.I. Yuck.

My son came in from the mailbox last night just irate. He said "Oh my God Sports Illistrates has done something just EVIL".

We all think putting Candace Parker on the cover would have been OK though.