Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Elliot Williams, Mason Plumlee and Greg Echenique attending the UNC game

I am sure the Cameron Crazies are aware that these three guys will be in the house and will show them some love (cheersheets).

Elliot Williams - has already committed to play at Duke and will be here next year.

Mason Plumlee - recently committed and will be here in 09.

Greg Echenique - This big man has yet to commit and has a long list. He would be considered a priority prospect. I am not good at this, but his last name is pronounced Ecth cha nee k ... I think! I will confirm. I know how to say it but not convey it

Etch-cha-nee-k is the correct pronunciation. Give him a warm welcome Crazies.

Elliot's nickname is "e-mail." I suppose E-Will would do. Anyhow, he is a showtime dunker.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Etch-cha-nee-k is the correct pronunciation.
    That last syllable, does it sound like "kay" or just a "kuh" sound? In other words, does his name end in "neek" or "neekay"?

Watzone,

When you say that these three individuals will be attending the UNC game, does that mean that they will be together? I wasn't sure if Mason and Elliot would be spending a lot of time with Greg, and hopefully encouraging him to come to Duke. Will the 3 of them be hanging out or will they all just be at the game?

Don't Be Surprised if the Mannings Attend Too

Could be that Eli and Archie Manning will be there,too, showing support for Coach Cutcliffe's new school. What a great ESPN shot, the Mannings wearing Duke caps...that would help recruiting!

Don't Be Surprised if the Mannings Attend Too

Quote Originally Posted by stals View Post
    Could be that Eli and Archie Manning will be there,too, showing support for Coach Cutcliffe's new school. What a great ESPN shot, the Mannings wearing Duke caps...that would help recruiting!
    And them flashing their Super Bowl rings would be sweet too for recruiting! I guess that Eli doesn't actually have his yet. Don't they (a team's winning players) usually get them at the start of the next season?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I know of their connection to Coach Cut but is your statement hopeful speculation or is it based on something else that you know?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    I know of their connection to Coach Cut but is your statement hopeful speculation or is it based on something else that you know?
    That (the connection), plus having the opportunity for the first time to attend this game in Cameron because of the connection.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

how about resurrecting one of my favorite chants of all time - but instead of J-Will J-Will Rock You, make it E-Will?

Mannings

Look for them sitting next to Pres. Brodhead.

what he said ^^^ this wont be the last time the manning boys will be here this year...

Spanish pronunciation

Quote Originally Posted by crote View Post
    That last syllable, does it sound like "kay" or just a "kuh" sound? In other words, does his name end in "neek" or "neekay"?
    The last syllable is just like the "que" in "¿Qué pasa?" so it's a "ke" sound with a short e (much like the first syllable of "kerosene," rather "kay" or "kuh"). And the accent is on the "ni": E-che-NI-que. As you would expect, the "che" sounds just like Che Guevara, and the "ni" is like "knee" in English, but shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    The last syllable is just like the "que" in "¿Qué pasa?" so it's a "ke" sound with a short e (much like the first syllable of "kerosene," rather "kay" or "kuh"). And the accent is on the "ni": E-che-NI-que. As you would expect, the "che" sounds just like Che Guevara, and the "ni" is like "knee" in English, but shorter.
    Thanks for explaining the pronunciation. You've got it down.

Look for them sitting next to Pres. Brodhead.
    I might just faint! Holy smokes! I remember seeing Jeter standing just inside the doors a couple of years ago, it was enough to make me start babbling.

matthew mcconaughey will also be at the carolina game if anyone is interested (this is coming from (tickle me) L-Mo i.e. Larry Moneta)

9F

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    matthew mcconaughey will also be at the carolina game if anyone is interested (this is coming from (tickle me) L-Mo i.e. Larry Moneta)

9F
    Ooooh. Hopefully wearing a Duke tee shirt like he did in the movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" with Kate Hudson!!

On a serious note, I read in a recent article that Kenny was still planning on his visit. I figured the article was dated or just some misinformation, but wanted to know if Watzone knew anything about it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And them flashing their Super Bowl rings would be sweet too for recruiting! I guess that Eli doesn't actually have his yet. Don't they (a team's winning players) usually get them at the start of the next season?
    FWIW, nor does Archie. In fact, IIRC, he never even made the playoffs, much less won a Super Bowl. Still would be nice to see them featured on the tube sitting next to Cutcliffe, of course!

Now, if Payton were there, we'd see some ring flashing.

Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I might just faint! Holy smokes! I remember seeing Jeter standing just inside the doors a couple of years ago, it was enough to make me start babbling.
    Yeah Jeter and then some guy named Alex Rodrigez Duke missed out on and both came to Duke for visits. Someone needs to address why Duke can't recruit power hitting shortstops and 3rd basemen! LOL!

Hey Crazies! I know you will cheer hard and all. But please make sure Echenique gets some love. Williams and Plumlee too. I was out about amongst you guys tonight/last night and it was pretty cool.