Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1987 or 1988 I cannot remember but I'd been in line for 'awhile' to get into Cameron; we were down a good bit in the first half, then Robert Brickey gets a monster tomahawk jam in the lane to tie the game and Dean Smith comes off the bench for the time out, and Cameron becomes a living, breathing organism. People were falling all over one another in ecstatic glee.

Many of us recount the whistle that had become the cheer in Cameron; no longer could we hear 'people' cheering, but it sounded like a jet engine whistle as it was so loud there for about 20 seconds. I was leaning over from exhaustion and was sweating, and the guy next to me said 'check out the front of your t-shirt!' and the t-shirt was vibrating from that sound wave!

dukestheheat.

LET'S GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Perhaps the most exciting game I have ever seen in person. The first of the great last second out of bound plays by K. They quickly get the ball to half court and call timeout and then the two seniors, Dennard and Banks- on senior day- one makes the pass and one makes the shot- just to get to overtime- where Duke ends up winning. A great win and the first for K against Ol' Deano. In many ways that game bought K two years and the rest is history.
    That was a special game! Do you remember Tinkerbell throwing roses to the crowd before the start of the game?

Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    That was a special game! Do you remember Tinkerbell throwing roses to the crowd before the start of the game?
    I do remember the roses. Not sure when that tradition started/ended. Do you remember the third player in the out of bounds play- that is, who called the time out at half court?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I do remember the roses. Not sure when that tradition started/ended. Do you remember the third player in the out of bounds play- that is, who called the time out at half court?
    I don't remember the third player in the out of bounds play. Gene is the only one who threw roses to the crowd his last game. I think he did the same thing for his high school senior night.